Wednesday, May 24, 2017

.. Filling the freezer... 2017-5-24 ..



 I've been having a great time in the kitchen for the last week .......


 The Choko/ Chayote vine has been producing madly.
We have given so  many away and they are still coming .... every day hubby brings in a few..


I do get some nice sunlight and texture photos of the vine.....

... I love it next to the chippy paint....


..and with the sun shining through he leaves .


So... apart from giving bags of them away and eating them with nearly every evening meal .....

This is what I've been doing ....
                                             ..... cooking them with apples and Pineapple........
                                                       .... making Jam and  Relish ..............


                                 .............  bagging and labeling for the freezer ........

                             ..................  casseroles to go in the freezer too ..........
                                  ... my slow cooker has been working hard..................  
       .... and still the chokos  keep coming ......... more stewed fruit for the freezer coming up ..
                                                 ..Lovely in winter with hot custard ....


... gorgeous Australian  native flowers for Mum on Mothers Day from my brother and brother-in-law ...

I loved this flower in particular ....it was so unusual ...
..  the curved 'petals' were stiff like they were made of paper ....   so different ...  


 Have a great day .....
 Barb  xxxxxxxxx





8 comments:

  1. You have, indeed, been a busy bee in the kitchen, Barb. Those fruit mixes will taste delicious in the winter! You are very hard-working! Take care and have a great day today. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks Susan... I like to have some prepared fruit on hand for when mum doesn't want much to eat.. fruit and custard is a quick snack.... xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. You have been busy, as I have too, our spring season of produce is beginning! I have never tasted chokes, must check them out! Have a blessed day!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..thanks Sue ..... we are going into winter here and I like to have some tasty bits in the freezer .. Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are lovely. My freezer is full, it's a small one, so I can't cook up batches of anything until I eat all the hot-pot sauce, sausages, spaghetti sauce and several cups of pumpkin/sweet potato soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. O know what you mean River.... Mum likes to leave a bit of her evening meal for the next day's lunch... but usually doesn't want it then. This was fine when Kyton was alive because he ate all the leftovers. Now I tend to put them in the freezer for later on. With all the choko cooking done my freezer is full and I have jars of pickles to give away .. ... Barb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed a lot just catching up now, everything working .
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Filling the freezer... 2017-5-24 .. I've been having a great time in the kitchen for the last week ....... The Choko/ Chayote vine has been producing ...
    บุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete