Sunday, January 15, 2017

Mum's birthday party and the garden.. 2017-01-15 ..

..   I have been very busy in the garden for the last 2 weeks.......  it is now looking nice and tidy....

                                         ... me photographing the peace lilies and ferns.....

                                                ...  space between to Bromeliads now .....

               ...   hubby whipper snipped all the weeds and put the blower on the path......

                 ..  nothing fantastic about my garden...  but neat and tidy feels good....

                                 ..  May bush hedge and my Bonsais on the verandah wall..  

 the whole garden was a disaster after hubby and I were in hospital and the heat wave we were and still are having in Sydney.....  Hubby still can't do any heavy work ... but he does what he can...
it was all done before Mum's party yesterday....   we were so pleased with our efforts...

                                          ..............................................................................

 Mum's big Party was a great success...

..she didn't want a catered party.. in fact, she didn't want a party at all....  but we talked her into it because she was turning 100.......
..  She said last night that it was a wonderful day and she enjoyed every minute of it ....we are all so happy for her .. xxx

                       ...  the gorgeous cake her great grand daughter decorated for her....

                                         ...my hubby reading out a Blessing from the Pope..  

                                            ..  and a message from the Queen.........

There were other congratulation  messages from our Prime minister and Premier , the Governor General and our local members of Parliment....   xxxxx

                                                     ..  Mum cutting the cake ...

                                                  ...  I like this photo of Mum....



..  we had asked everyone to bring 1 stem of silk flowers for Mum  .....and this is what she received  ....a beautiful bouquet of flowers...  each flower has the person's name on it so Mum will know who gave it to her.....  Mum loves the display they make   .... xxx.

.. have a good day everyone.....
... ..Barb  xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Barb's Mum!! So many messages from The Pope, the Queen and Politicians too! Wow. The silk flowers bouquet is gorgeous, and so is the cake. Your great granddaughter is very talented.
    Barb your garden is looking wonderfully ship-shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks River.... it was a great day and I'll pass your wishes on to Mum ... xxxx
      ..the bouquet turned out really well and Mum likes that she can read the tags and see who gave her what flower.. they are replacing some 30 year old roses my sister gave mum. She won't part with them and now they are out of my lounge room and in her room.... :) .... Barb xxxxx

      Delete
  2. It was a lovely day, everyone had a good time and I think your mum really enjoyed herself bet she was tired the next day, I know I was, good to catch up some people I hadn't seen for such a long time.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. so glad you enjoyed yourself Merle... it was a great day.... Mum was surprised how much she did enjoy herself... I was so happy about that.. xxxxx.. we all just sat around and dozed all day yesterday .... xxxxx .. Barb xxxxx

      Delete
    2. testing if I can make a reply...
      I can't access my Blog.. says I don't have one.. Barb xxx

      Delete