Saturday, November 12, 2016

.. about cameras... new and old .. 2016-11-12 ...




I have had a few cameras in my time ..and I still have my film camera and zoom lens that I took around Australia in 1999... it's retired now...



Hubby bought me a DSLR with zoom/macro lens and I loved it...  but ..after a few years it became too heavy for me to carry around and use easily..  so the camera went on permanent loan to one of my granddaughters and the lens to another granddaughter..  they were thrilled..  and I was happy to see them being used..



 My faithful little Olympus camera that I took to France a few years ago developed a black spot on the zoom and couldn't be repaired..   so it was retired from heavy work..  could still do normal and close ups so was a good emergency camera....



I then got a Sony cybershot compact camera and have been very happy with it until 2 weeks ago when the lens casings began to stick...  did the Google thing and tried the methods shown to clear dust from between the casings to no avail.... they are stuck and nothing would un-stick them .. another sad farewell.....



My hubby took me shopping yesterday for a new camera  for our 54th wedding anniversary....
I was surprised and of course very pleased...   who wouldn't be pleased to get a new camera....
He bought me  a Nikon Coolpix A900 with a movable monitor screen that can be used for selfies and to move the screen out of the sunlight so you can see clearly whatever it is you want to photograph...   amazing...... I love it  xxxx



I'm happy to be able to continue my hobby with a good camera..  thanks to my thoughtful Hubby....


Have a good day ....   Barb  xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. New camera, new learning curve. I still haven't learnt all the ins and outs of my cameras, I tend to rely on the auto setting for most things, and I love the zoom and macro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. I love my zoom and macro too. River... I try to frame my photos so I don't have to crop them.. but cropping is a lot of fun then I use my editing program sometimes.. I'm not much good at manual... auto for me too,... xx .... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  2. So the camera wasn't repairable, a new one is always much better.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..we made some enquiries but no one wants to try .. so .. a new camera was the answer... it's a great camera.. xxx Barb xxx

      Delete