Friday, September 16, 2016

...around my garden... 2016-9-16 ..




  ... My friend Merle, from Merlsworld blog...  came to visit today and we had a lovely baked chicken lunch.....and my dear old Mum had a wonderful afternoon telling stories about her life..   xxx

..  the chicken breasts were stuffed with cheese and bacon....   it was so tender I couldn't cut it properly..  tasted delicious.. 


The plum blossoms are almost gone now.. we had some rain and some high winds....   

                                                  ..  the petals look like Spring Snow.....  

Hubby has had 1 orchid spike this season....   It was lovely ......   

..  it lasted for quite a long time before the outer petals became speckled and brown.......

I then discovered that if I took these petals off I was left with a lily-like centre  which have lasted over a week inside in a vase  ......

                                                       ..  I think they look so pretty........

...... now the little white fragrant orchids are out.......






I have started crocheting small wreaths for Christmas and will be decorating them later...  it is super thick yarn and I'mm using a 15mm hook to do them......

..  here I am making one while playing Yahtzee with Mum.....   yes...   we still play most days...  xx
..  here is a ball of the yarn , some wreaths,  a coffee mug and my hand to show the size of the ball and yarn......  I love big....  


...  just a couple of flowers to close with.....   some blossoms because I love them so much ...


.... and my favourite little 'covers everything' plant  ..... Ivy leaved Toad Flax .....





 Have a wonderful day everyone...   hugs.....   Barb  xxxx

8 comments:

  1. first and foremost, the chicken lunch looks amazing. i am such a foodie, i am always so interested in what everyone else is cooking!!!

    hubby's orchids look very healthy, my blooms last a long time also!!

    it will be nice to see pictures of the completed wreaths. i hope you share pictures then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. hello Debbie.... I take a lot of photos of the food I cook.... my mum thinks I'm crazy.. hehehe
    I will be posting decorated wreaths..
    Thanks for visiting.. .... Barb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orchids? Wow! And I really like the smaller prettier white ones.
    That yarn looks lovely and soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. The little ones are lovely, I agree River..
      the yarn is not twisted and spun like regular yarn.. and it is soft.. xxxx
      thanks for the visit ..... Barb xxxxx

      Delete
  4. Oh Barb, your flowers are so lovely. And that chicken, stuffed with cheese and bacon, sounded scrumptuous! Yum yum Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. .... It was delicious Susan..... I love the little white orchids.. thanks for the visit ..... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a lovely chicken dinner.
    The orchids are very striking the little ones are very pretty but I didn't know they smelled good too.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
  7. .. hi Merle.... I don't think the perfume of the little orchids is nice...but that's just me ..... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete