Wednesday, August 24, 2016

...Winter's Goodbye ... 2016-8-24



...  I'm writing this post to the sound of steady rain falling......  it's been raining for 2 days now and we are told this is  Winter's  goodbye song ...
 
I find it's nice to be inside with the heaters on, all warn and cosy having a cup of tea......  so nice to be retired ..  but I do feel sorry for the people who have to work in the rain...  like my brother who is a mailman ..  or as we say in Australia.... a postie....



                                              ......  this is looking from my front door  .......                                         
                                                                                                                                                                  ........ 

on to happy things......  today's photo prompt was Angry.... well ... I asked Mum to give me an Angry face and this is it....  
... all the face book people thinks she's great for trying..but that she doesn't look angry at all.. xxx


Hubby is happy his orchids are starting to open   and there are tiny buds on the miniature orchids too...



.. in my last post I had a photo of the Crucifix orchid buds.....  well they are open now and I love this colour.....



In the bags of yarn my brother-in-law gave me after my sister died, I found some crocheted squares, a few bed socks not sewn  up... and 2 cardigan fronts that didn't match.  I decided I didn't want to unravel them to make something else... soo.... I crocheted them together and made a Crazy Knee Rug out of them...  then I put a frilly edging around it and we have a cute keepsake of my sister..   Mum loves it.....
                                                    ..  I'm happy with the result.. ....


..  I love this leaf with the blue sky behind it.. I'm holding it up ....  I was pleased with the photo..



..  snapped this cute bird in the tree that hangs over from next door into our yard......


..  found this lovely moth walking on the snapdragon plants yesterday ..  it's body was striped red and black.... and his shoulders look like they have feathers on them.....   I was very excited.....


... hope you are having lovely weather wherever you are .....  Barb   xxxx


10 comments:

  1. Your photos always inspire me, dear friend. The flowers are lovely and your dear mum brought a smile to my face. She may be trying to look angry, but her face is simply too sweet :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks Stephanie.... Mum likes helping with some of the photo prompts.... she does have a gentle face.
      Happy you like my photos xxxx
      ... have a lovely day... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  2. I hope this is the end of winter too, if it heats up it will be wonderful in the garden everything is budding.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I'm looking forward to warmer weather too.... warm/hot outside means NO heaters on inside... so looking forward to that.... xxxxx Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. The moth is really pretty, I'd be calling it an Angel Moth, but I'm sure it has a different name.
    I've never seen crucifix orchids before, they're stunning.
    I love being inside all warm and cosy while it's raining out, but if I have to go somewhere, I love being out in the rain too, as long as it isn't freezing cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. I don't mind being in the rain either River. I don't like driving in rain though.
      I like Angel moth for a name.. Mydad always grew crucifix orchids.. have a great weekend... Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos, Barb. Your sweet Mum couldn't look angry if she tried (and she did try! ha ha) You are saying goodbye to winter. Soon, we will be saying hello. Oh NOOOOO. Thanks for all your sweet visits. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks Susan.... Mum does a good almost angry.. xxxx I wish we could have Spring and Autumn all year round.... would suit me fine...but sadly we do need the other seasons.. have a nice weekend... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  5. hehehe, yes...even trying, your mom is too sweet to look angry!!! i too enjoy the cozy feeling of being indoors out of the cold!! it is going to be 94 today at the jersey shore, i will enjoy being indoors, out of the heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks Debbie... Mum is a good sport.. xx Indoors can be a great place to be in the weather extremes... I love the light of Summer, but not the heat.. I'm hard to please.. xxxxx have a good weekend... Barb xxxx

      Delete