Friday, May 27, 2016

Winter is on the doorstep, right on time... 2016-5-27 ..



  We're gently sliding into Winter here ...  we are still having sunny days and mostly gentle winds ... but the temperature is steadily dropping....
..  this was yesterday...   looks beautiful ..but definitely not Summer temps..

Last week my youngest daughter turned 50...   her husband and daughters gave her a wonderful surprise party....  she loved the party .. here's a couple of  photos  I played with ..



.... then there were lovely food and flowers.....





I made some jam, chutney and relish last week...  we had so many chokos on the vine.... I needed to use them up..
  ..  ready to start..
....  the onion relish....  and sterilizing the jars ....
...  all done...



 Hubby and I were trimming and weeding the garden on Tuesday when our dog Kyton went missing.... we searched everywhere for him..  we heard him give a short bark every now and then...  but couldn't tell where it was coming from.....
then.....  we found him...
I had accidently closed him in the little garden cupboard.....   poor Kyton.....he wasn't a happy dog.....
... here is a re- enactment..... ...with the help of some treats....



 I'm still busy knitting Edna's wool ..  will put up photos next time...

 ... have a good day..  enjoy the season that you're in...
...hugs...  Barb  xxx

10 comments:

  1. the mosaics you created are beautiful, it looks like a wonderful celebration!!! my children (boys) are 32 and 33, they never want to make a fuss over their birthdays!!!

    pretty flowers, the right color, my colors. as you know, i LOVE to knit, but never got "in to" canning/jaring...and lord knows, i don't need one more hobby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. Hi Debbie... I love having a go at all sorts of crafts... I seem to 'collect' hobbies... after all my family and friends have one of whatever is my current ;thing' ... I go on to something else....
      I always come back to knitting and crocheting though , and some cross stitch....
      I'm glad you liked my post and the flowers...
      Barb xxx

      Delete
    2. "collect hobbies"....i like that!!!

      Delete
  2. Poor Kyton , the same thing happened to Leeroy a few years back she got shut in the cupboard, she no longer sleeps in open cupboards now.
    Party pictures look good.
    Merle...................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. he was a bit upset.. he was missing for over half an hour.... :) .. the party was great .... thanks..
      hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. You do have the prettiest parties!
    I love what you did with the photos and I'm very glad you found Kyton,poor pup, must have been confusing for him for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks River, my grand daughters are good at doing 'pretty' parties, they love all the little details...
      I had fun with the Photos.....
      Kyton was fine.. treats fix everything.. xxxx

      Delete
  4. Oh Barbara. Poor Kyton. That was funny but not for him! Mmmm. Bet your onion relish is very tasty. Happy (late) birthday to your girl. Thank you, Barbara, for all your visits. You are a true sweetie pie. You guys are heading into winter and we are heading into summer. Isn't life grand? Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Susan, I felt bad about poor Kyton.. luckily he doesn't hold grudges xxx...
      Thanks for the birthday wishes, I'll pass them on.
      You're a sweetie too. xxx ... and life is grand... hugs.. Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. PS on June 8....Hi Barbara. Thanks so much for all your visits to my posts. Love them. Hope you are having a good week so far. Susan

    ReplyDelete