Wednesday, May 4, 2016

.. update on rock cactus boxes..... 2016-5-4 ...




  Hi ..... I have finished the first part of the painted stone makeover of our planter boxes....

I did our planter boxes with the stones I had......

... I used a large rock in each box......

... then the smaller stones......


..   hubby sprinkled the clay beads in the boxes.....

... I like them,,,  

...  I'm now on the lookout for some bigger river stones to paint as cactus.....


..   It does look neater than half dead plants...    with more larger painted stones it will be a great feature..       a good afternoon's work...  xx


I'll leave you with a lovely photo of some roses in my daughter's garden......




.....  Have a lovely day.....hugs...  Barb  xxxx
 

9 comments:

  1. They do come up well, sorry I don't have big rocks but will ask Joe if there are any at his place next time I see him.
    Merle.....................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks Merle... I appreciate that.. xxxxx
      Hugs... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  2. They look lovely. I've seen the kits advertised here in a catalogue, but it doesn't say if any stoned are included. Are the stones included? Even a small bag of river pebbles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. I don't know River... I just did this with spray paint and stones I had here at home....
      Hugs.. Barb xxxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ... I hope they have stones in them River... have fun..xxx <3
      ..hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of a stone garden. My cousin is moving to Arizona where the plants she has in her garden now won't grow. She's very sad about leaving all her beautiful flowers but I keep telling her she can make rock gardens there with some cactus plants growing in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they finished up great!!! it would be fun to do this with rocks that have meaning too, ones you have collected in special places!!!

    beautiful blooms, there is something so special and pure about white flowers!!

    ReplyDelete