Saturday, January 16, 2016

.. Mum was 99 last week.... 2016-1-16

Hello ....

Mu wonderful Mum had her 99th Birthday on Saturday  9th  January.....

.. here's Mum cutting the cake I made for her...... it was a Red Velvet Magic cake and I had never made one before  and I don't think I ever will again....
It was supposed to go into 3 layers as it cooked....  but when Mum cut it this is what it looked like ....

...  I was so disappointed...   it just 'bled' onto the plate.....  it tasted great .. just didn't look great...
Everyone was nice about it...


It was a lovely day for Mum..  all her children and my children came... just arrived whenever they wanted and left whenever they wanted....... Just a 'Drop in Day' ...
I like to be a bit more organised than this  so I was a little stressed.......but I'm pleased to say Mum has said we can organise and decorate as much as we want for her 100th birthday.....  I'm happy now.. xxx


These gorgeous flowers are from my sister Trish's garden...  ... the roses have all died but the hydrangeas are still alive and well.....



 My sister Gwen painted this lovely card for Mum....

... this is Gwen in the black dress my daughter in law in the white top. and my son (her husband) behind  her....  Mum...  then Trish and her husband  .. then my Hubby......

... and here is Hunter....  Mum's 7mth old Great Great Grand Son......  xxxxxx








  .... all the Birthday flowers were beautiful...   there is still some left.....  they are lasting well....





..this gorgeous cat lives in the pet supply place where hubby goes for bird seed..... we were there yesterday so hubby could buy some fish for the pond he set up in the aviary.....
.... there are 10 little fish in the pond...
Jules, our bird, is not bothered by the pond or the fish........
... here I am talking to Jules this morning.....





I went to Merle's place for a few days so Mum and Gwen could have some time together without me....  It rained the whole time I was there so we just talked with Drummie and Kidney and the Beer Fairy a lot ....

......and crocheted....   Merle showed me what I was doing wrong with a scarf I was making and I did this much of a knee rug.....   It was great ...so relaxing.....
                                     




 ..  thanks for popping by......
Have a great day...
Hugs....  Barb  xxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Barb's Mum!!
    Wow, 99.
    The cake looks fine, like it has raspberry sauce and I bet it wouldn't taste any better even if it had turned out perfect.
    All the flowers are beautiful. Your Granny rug is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi River,,, thanks for dropping by...
      Everyone loved the taste of the cake..
      I've put cuttings from the hydrangeas in a pot to try and strike some..
      Hugs.. Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh Barb! 99 years old. Mum is quite a gal. And she's planning her 100th. GOOD FOR HER. Must be due to all your care and love. So happy for all of you! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan.... Yes, Mum is quite a gal...
      She had a wonderful day...
      I told people at Bingo how old Mum is now and they think she is wonderful..
      Thanks for popping by..
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. Your mum is the only person I think I have ever known with so many greats in front of the grandchildren.
    It only matters what the cake tastes like it looks lovely and gooie and very good to eat.
    Derrick is now in the cage you lent us, still no progress on his big cage as we had more rain and all the wood is still wet.
    But I finished the blanket, fancy doing all that crocheting in summer, but it been quite cold out here at night.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Hi Merle ... glad the cage is working out well for Derrick..
      Glad you finished your blanket before the weather warms up (maybe).. xxx
      have a good day..
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow, 99-years-old! What a joy and blessing! And she looks fabulous :)

    Speaking of fabulous, your cake looks delicious, my friend :) Thanks for sharing the celebration with us. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. Hi Stephanie..... thanks for stopping by....
      Mum does look good for an 'oldie' ..... hope i'm as good as she is if I get to her age....
      Glad you enjoyed the photos...
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. Happy 99th birthday wishes to your sweet Mom! The cake looks so delicious, after all that is what matters!~wink~
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sue.... so lovely of you to visit my blog...
      I hope you come back .. I don't always post as often as I'd like .. but life gets in the way sometimes...
      I'm looking forward to visiting your blog...
      Have a good day...
      Hugs... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to your Mother, wow 99,how blessed! The cake looks good and I'm sure it was.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia... thank you for visiting me...I'm looking forward to visiting your blog..
      Mum is pretty good for her age...
      I hope you come again...
      Have a good day...
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete