Monday, January 25, 2016

2016-1-24 ... some random thoughts xxx



   .... the photography group had  'White' as a prompt/subject for the  18th January  ...

I got to thinking about how I could present White in a special way.....

I'd posted white flowers, clouds, buildings and my Mum's white hair  before.... so I wanted to be a bit different this time....

I looked  around the house for something that was a bit Special...
and there IT was on the top shelf of our book case......

The white Prayer book I carried on my Wedding day in 1962 ....


.. I used a lovely Hydrangea bloom from Trish's garden that she had given to Mum to style the photo .......



I tried for an 'arty' photo of a rose losing it's petals....   this was the best I could do.... I really wanted a petal in mid air..... but it was not to be ....  I do like this photo though...   I think I captured the spirit of  falling petals...  








I loved this seed in it's  pod .. the pod was solid for quite a while and then began to disintegrate..  and it became a 'skeleton' pod with the seed inside.....  Nature is amazing.....




....   I've started to crochet little embellishments for some of my rocks..... 'Rocks' I hear you say...  'Yes say I .....Rocks'... doesn't everyone like and collect rocks ....




I'll leave you with this lovely bunch of roses from Bingo today........


Bye for now...
Hugs ... Barb  xxxx

4 comments:

  1. I like the falling petals and the white seed pod but we now know the rocks are not lucky even with their crocheted covers.
    Merle...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. Thanks Merle... I have to agree with you about the rocks... they didn't bring us any luck...
    Have a good Austalia Day...
    Hugs... Barb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that skeletal seed pod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Thanks River... I think it's amazing.. xxxx
      ...Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete