Tuesday, October 20, 2015

... some Bedroom sewing...... 2015-10-20

  Last Sunday I got out my sewing machine and decided to finish a project  that I'd been putting off.

I had bought a Doona cover with the aim to separate the two sides and use them for light covers on our beds.

I had some sheets that I had bought for curtains a long time age and the colours went well together.

Sooo .... a Spring change was coming ...... at last.



I'm off and running.........


I hemmed the 2 bed spreads...





 Made 4 pillow cases in the same fabric as the curtains.....
... and 2 small cushions in the bed spread fabric.......


After hanging the curtains the room had a new look......


.. I made tie backs to match the beds .....  and I am thinking of adding a trim to the bottom of the curtains......  

We are pleased with the new look......

   Have a great day, Everybody....
Hugs...... Barb  xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Looking good it's nice to have a change makes you feel all brand new.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Thanks Merle... It does feel good.. xxx
      Have a great day.. Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Do you have any of the bedspread fabric left? You could make a ruffle at the bottom edge of the curtains.
    It all looks great as it is, I would never have thought of taking a doona cover apart, that was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete