Sunday, July 5, 2015

..new fernery roof and the "domino effect" ..2015-7-5


.. In the last two weeks we have had workmen here to replace guttering, downpipes, roof valleys and put a whole new roof over the fernery and walkway ...

It's great to have this work done and we are very happy with the results.....

E..X..C..E.P..T ... for one little thing.....
It's now too dark in the fernery for the ferns and the fish.......

Sooo....   
..the ferns had to move to the walkway and hang above my Bonsais...





...the other shade plants from the fernery had to join the hanging plants up the side of the house....


and ...

...of course this meant weeding and repotting all the plants so they looked fresh and the pots matched.....

... and .... and...  and...

The fishponds will be relocated to the Aviary....to keep our last remaining bird company......
... but not today for that move ..   lol...

....see falling dominoes... one thing triggers a chain of events......

It will be great when it's finished....

Here's Hubby and I busy working today....



.. there is some sad.. news ..
..our friend's mother, Edna, who turned 90 recently  and I blogged about her party...
... well ... she fell on 26th June and is still in hospital with a badly broken leg....
She was quite forgetful and vague and will probably not be able to live on her own after this...  a bit sad... xxxx

My Hellebore plants are not blooming this winter... but I found one at the nursery that I will get later... I think it's gorgeous..
...my ones are the pale pink that turn green as it ages.... I love these flowers.....



.... the Zygo blooms are nearly finished......so I'm looking forward to Spring blossoms now...

Have a great Day..
Hugs  .... Barb  xxx





12 comments:

  1. Oh Barb....Your plants and aviary must be so beautiful! How very lovely to have them. So sorry about your friend. It's tough to grow old, for sure. Thank you SO MUCH for all your sweet visits. Take care. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Hi Susan... the aviary isn't very beautiful yet... but we are working on it..... the garden is always a work in progress .. it is mostly in pots so we move it around a bit... but I love the garden....
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Hooray for a new fernery roof, shame it's too dark there now. could you maybe get part of it swapped for clear panels or something?
    All your baskets are looking wonderful. I love hellebores and always want some but keep forgetting to buy them.
    Sad about Edna, but hopefully she will find someone to live with her, or perhaps wear one of those alarm thingys and stay at home with regular home care visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. the new fernery roof doesn't leak so hubby is happy now, his wood won't get wet.... so he's not putting in clear panels.
      Now the ferns have been moved he thinks the fish will be fine.. so no changes.. except hubby has a bad memory and is likely to forget this and move them anyway...... :) !!!
      Edna has an Vital Call alarm but refuses to wear it....
      have a great day River...
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. Sorry I'm so late in answering, It's always good when the leaks are fixed you enjoy the rain more, nothing like rain on the roof, great sound.
    Everything is looking good will check it all out next time I visit.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks for commenting Merle... the last of the repairs was done today ...now we can organise for some painting to be done.... at last... lol...
      Hugs... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  4. July 13. Thank you, Barbara, for all your visits. LOVE THEM! Keep them up. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan..... I will keep my visits coming... I don't always comment every day.... but I do love to visit my blog friends as often as I can... and thanks for your visits, too ...xxxx
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. Barb, I just realised that my hellebores aren't flowering as good as usual either! Wonder why..? Hope you get ALL those pesky leaks fixed soon :-) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish...I think the hot Autumn has thrown them into confusion.... xxxxx
      Hugs... barb xxx

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much sweet friend for all your comments and visits! You are a treasure. :)

    Happy day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks for visiting KariAnne... I love your blog.... see you soon
      Hugs.. Barb xxx

      Delete