Tuesday, June 2, 2015

..busy times... 2015-6-2 ...

    
We  had a   lovely time with my sister and her husband when they came to visit us a couple of weekends back.

Mum has been to hospital and had some skin cancers surgically removed. She is still getting stitches out....hopefully this week will see the last of them gone. Mum had 2 on her scalp, 1 on her jawbone and 1 big one on the back of her hand removed.   No photos of these because Mum is self conscious about them...and truly, you really don't want to see wounds and dressings now, do you ??? Mum is tired all the time these days.

I've been spending extra time playing Yahtzee with Mum to keep her mind off herself a bit.... and I've discovered I can crochet while I play.....  
I can only do simple crochet ... but I have fun......


I made this scarf and crocheted a little trim on the spiral hat I knitted a few years ago....

... I crocheted this trim to brighten up a plain cardigan........

.. I crocheted the edging on this beret I knitted..... I like sets..... xx

.. this little blanket is for my Grand daughter's baby that is due any day now...Drs. date is 3rd June.... we're all excitedly waiting to see if it's a boy or a girl..... xxx



We are getting Winter mornings now .. but most of the days are fine.... and freezing nights....
I'm finding it very pleasant weather... any colder and I won't like it ..
We're getting a few buds on the plants that were damaged in the hail...
..but it will take months for the garden to look good again.....


Our son brought over some wooden shelving on the weekend for my side of the back room..... I'm excited about this....
... I'm going from this cupboard and bookcase to this.......
... I'm planning to use pretty boxes to put my 'stuff' in .....
....this will be my next project....  and my sewing machine will be able to be put here and not in my wardrobe any more....  bonus.....  xxxxxx   ... the white cupboard on the wall is my ironing center....
This set up is bigger than what I had , but the things will be more accessible....... very happy...


... have a lovely day and I'll see you soon.......
Hugs..., Barb  xxx








                         

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear your mum is recovering, hopefully no more skin cancers will pop up.
    That crocheted trim on the plain cardigan is exactly the sort of thing my mum would have done. I like my clothes plain, so she wasn't happy that I wouldn't let her "decorate". She offered to make me doilies and tea towel hangers and all sorts of other things. I refused every single one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks River.. My Mum made lots of the lace knitted coat hangers and tissue box covers... she gave them to us for birthdays and Christmas..... couldn't say no to this... xxxx hugs.... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. The hat and scarf sets are lovely, Barb! I'm happy for you that you got some new shelving on your side of the room...much easier for you to use.. and all that extra space! It's getting pretty darn cold here too...below zero every day this week...have to get another load of wood in now. Keep warm and relax with your crocheting...I bet Mum would like to be doing it too if her poor fingers would co-operate. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..thanks Trish... I'm sure Mum would love to be knitting and crocheting too... .. I love the shelving..I've put everything into boxes and containers so it doesn't look too messy.. :) :)
    Hugs... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete