Wednesday, June 24, 2015

..another party.. plus.. 2015-6-14



On Sunday 22 June we went to a birthday lunch/party at one of our local clubs for a friend who turned 90.

She was happy to see there was about 30 of her family and friends there..





.... the food was wonderful.... an presented beautifully...





Then there was the birthday cake.....
..when it came time to cut the cake, Edna was given so much advice on how to do it , that in the end she screwed up her face and 'threw' the knife into the cake, much to everyone's delight....


... later she posed for some photos under the bridal arch.......


 It was a lovely afternoon with lots of laughter and fun ..... and one happy friend.... xxxx



... this is my Kyton soaking up the Winter sunshine yesterday.... I love the 'spaced out' look on his face.... couldn't resist a photo..  xxx





.. Now  the Big showing off  begins....
.
My Granddaughter brought her son to see us here at home ..... we were so excited to see them.... We were out shopping when we got a phone call telling us to go home that we were getting visitors in 30 minutes....
... of course we went straight home  and hubby baked some scones and we put on Afternoon Tea.....

............  fresh from the oven .....mmm
We did a generational photo...... five generations together....
.. Mum didn't want to let little Hunter go... ..... she loved holding him.........

BUT .... she was a bit horrified when they brought the baby home from hospital in a Superman onesie....... not dignified in her eyes.....  
....... I love it....... great fun .... our Generations are showing..... hehehe.....

.... It was a special afternoon and I appreciated that they wanted to show Hunter to Mum....very thoughtful...
They have chosen Mum's surname 'Conn' as his second name ..... Mum was thrilled.....

I think my Family is pretty special... xxxxx


.. I'll say goodbye with this gorgeous Snapdragon in the rain........

Have a great week my friends.......
Hugs.... Barb  xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Your friend sure did look like she had fun,I bet she was a scream in her younger days. The food looks gorgeous too. My you do have a lovely family 5 generations is such an achievement Happy week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. thanks Jeanette...
      ..Edna is always the life of the party.... she loves to make people laugh.... a great lady.....
      .... this baby is the 4th child of our 5th generation....
      You have a happy week too ...
      Hugs ..... Barb xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Edna! I have to say that buffet has my mouth watering and I'm still full from lunch. Love Edna throwing the knife into the cake.
    Nice to have a family get together with a five generational photo opportunity.
    I remember the last time you showed us scones, I just had to get up and make a batch of my own. Thankfully, I feel no such urges today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Hi River......I'll pass on your B'day wishes... xx
      My eldest daughter, the new baby's grandmother, is obsessed with taking family photos...
      I remember you 'needing' to make scones... hehehe..... glad you didn't have the urges today.... xx
      Have a great week...
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. What a sweet family! You are so blessed!

    Have an amazing day. :)

    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks for visiting me KariAnne....
      We are blessed in many ways....
      I love your blog...
      Hugs... Barb xxxx

      Delete