Tuesday, May 12, 2015

... busy, fun time and a visit ... 2015-12



Hello my friends.....

I've been having a lovely, busy time ...

We had the builder out to look at the house extension and quote to  fix it  for us..... for $10 thousand  we will have a leak proof sun room and the fernery re-built with a roof that can be walked on to clear the berries and fronds that fall on it from the palm tree next door...... happy with that ... work starts in about 3 weeks...   Hooray... xxx...




My sister is visiting with us ..  she has come to visit Mum  for Mother's Day..... she goes home this coming Friday... we enjoy her visits...



My brothers came and joined us for Mother's Day ...   Mum loved having everyone here...



My eldest Grand daughter had a Baby Shower ... Bub is due in 3 weeks..... we all had a great afternoon with lovely food.... Hubby made some scones for the day....









Hubby had to go to Day Surgery for some tests to and was found to have no problems..... Happy day...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
... have a great week and I'll see you all soon.....

Hugs ...  Barb  xxxx

13 comments:

  1. Oh Barb. What a lovely weekend you all had. So happy to hear it. The little Bub will bring much joy, I am sure. So happy for your Mama that her "kids" gathered to see her. Thanks for your visits, Barb. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan.... yes it was a great weekend... and it's been lovely to have my sister Gwen staying with us..... Mum loves it when Trish or Gwen come to stay......
      Hugs... barb xxxx

      Delete
  2. Renovations! How exciting!
    Nice that your family all came for Mother's Day, and what a spread you put on.
    I got a bit jealous reading about scones on several other blogs I read, so I just had to have some. Made a batch on Monday afternoon, the first in probably thirty years, I'm surprised I remembered how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello River.....yes... renovations/ repairs/ doing it right finally....... whatever you want to call it .... finally will have no leaks in the back room.. Wonderful..
      I'm glad you made yourself some scones... I like my scones with butter.....
      Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. It's lovely to get new things done to the house isn't it. I hope all goes well.
    Your Mothers Day lunch looks delicious and the tea spread so lovely.Glad you had a nice time and your hubby is ok x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. hello Jeanette... Hubby was hoping to go another winter without repairing the roof .. but it was not to be..... can't put it off any longer.....
      It was a great weekend ...
      Hugs.... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  4. Hooray for your hubby having a good report!! That's always such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy... .. It's been a good week... with hubby's report, my sister being here and Mother's day .....
      My sister goes home on Friday 15th.. Mum has loved having her here.... ..
      Hugs ... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  5. So happy to hear about your husband :))) I would love a sun room here. All that yummy looking food :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Hello Judy.... I loved the idea of having a sun room ... BUT.. it gets too hot for hubby in Summer and too cold in Winter... SO.. our lovely room has curtains closed over ALL YEAR ROUND...... I 'live' in the nice bright dining room... lol... :))
      Mum has enjoyed having my sister stay with us... hubby's good report was a blessing... and I enjoyed the yummy food....
      Hugs... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  6. The food looks wonderful.
    Did hubby win lotto, but it's great you are getting a new roof.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Hello Merle.... I was very restrained with the food... I mainly took photos and ate little........ until Mother's Day when I got chocolate... lol :)) :)) ...the roof could not be put off any longer..
      Hugs... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  7. Love all the fabulous photos of everyone, Barb! xox

    ReplyDelete