Monday, April 20, 2015

...this happened Today... 2015-4-20 .....




hello... it's Monday here in Sydney Australia.. and it's been raining heavily all day.....

'This Happened' was the prompt for today on my photo page ... and I thought I'd share what happened today with you here .....


2015-4-20 ... PaD ... This Happened..... Sorry for the long story, but this is what happened to me today.....
WELL..... we started our Monday in the usual way... we went to the club for Bingo. After bingo we went to play the poker machines, when suddenly we had to evacuate the club because there was a fire in one of the eateries. OK... Couldn't find Mum... (read Stressing here)... we had to go across the street.. it was raining Rang hubby, he was at the other exit. .neithe...r of us could see Mum in the crowds of patrons lining the street........ I was asking staff and everyone I recognised if they had seen Mum.... one of the staff said he had taken Mum safely out of the building... I was so relieved.... rang. hubby and told him where she was and he went to get her....
In the meantime this wonderful gentleman had taken off and I saw him wheeling Mum in her walker towards me... ( main photo).. Mum was waving to let me know she was ok..... ( then I took the photo)..... staff helped him across the road then hubby arrived... Mum, Merle, Hubby and I all accounted for...
When we were allowed back inside Mum headed straight to the poker machines and 5 minutes later we had to leave again... they let us stay at the entrances this time..... Hubby got Mum a drink from the machine and it spilt all over the floor.. (see hubby mopping it up).....
When this alert was over Mum wanted to go back to the pokies... I said "NO WAY...we're going home now... two evacs is enough... I don't want to stay for a 'third time proves it' alert .....
The staff and patrons were all wonderful... xxxx All's well that ends well xxxx





... Hope everyone has a great week ...
Hugs .... Barb  xxx

6 comments:

  1. I put it up too, but I was very surprised to see Kevin and Mavis on the news tonight .
    How are the leaks going in the back room it hasn't stopped raining here since I got home.
    Merle................

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Hi Merle... Ken and Kris rang and told us Mum and Kevin would be on the news...... Mum thought it was lovely seeing herself... but she wished she was walking and not sitting on the walker..LOL.....
    The back room is still leaking ... he has to replace all the sealent... xxxxx
    HUgs... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb. Your Mum made the news! I read about the fiasco on Merle's blog, too. What a day for you all! Susan p.s. Thanks for your visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a day Susan, and all Mum wanted to do was get back to the Poker machines......
      I thank you for your visits to me, too.
      Have a great week....
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. They say a little excitement is good for you, but this type of excitement we can do without, right? Glad you are all safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....you are so right River..... that kind of excitement I could do without......I was pretty stressed until I saw Mum was safe...... <3 :) xxxxx

      Delete