Thursday, April 30, 2015

... fun and games with hail..... 2015-4-30 xx





... Wild hail storms last week.....  and it's not even Winter....... possibility of more to come.....



.... a lot of leaf damage in the garden....... so sad to see..... Mum's Impatiens went from ...
...............................................this ............. to this ...... in a matter of minutes...........

.a bit sad.. but we were lucky that there was no serious damage done to our house.....some roofs collapsed with the weight of the hail.....
We have to clean out our gutters and have our flashing checked to prevent more leaks in the back room......   Very lucky really......



...10am ..having a cuppa at the side table..........  4pm... a mess...



In spite of the storm there were some flowers that looked pretty....

 






We hope that we don't get any more hail storms..... they are a bit of a worry...

I hope everyone had a pleasant week.... 


.... see you all soon.....
Hugs ... Barb  xxxx





7 comments:

  1. I like hail storms, but not the damage they can do. We haven't had a bad one here for several years, the last one had hailstones still in the yard a half hour after it was over. They were too big and hard to melt quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hail storm was the biggest one I can remember..... the hail built up in a pile on our side path .... it was smaller but still there 24 hours later.... it was so cold..... I'm so glad I don't live in snow country.
      Hugs .. Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. You did get some shredding in the garden but they will recover.
    No real damage here.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. the garden will recover for sure.... it was only leaf damage.....
      ...we are getting the gutters cleaned and checking the downpipes and flashing......
      I hope we don't ever get rain and hail like that again.... just normal rain will be fine.. lol.....
      Hugs ... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that was quite the hail! I am glad your garden will recover - your flowers are always so pretty!

    Hugs to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks Stephanie .... I'm already seeing signs of recovery in the garden ....
      I'm happy you like my flower pics.......
      Have a great week.... Hugs ... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  4. I like rain, but never hail. It can do so much damage, and I hope you won't have any more anytime soon. Meanwhile, here in the mid USA we are having our first stretch of hot days.... feels like the middle of summer!

    ReplyDelete