Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dining bench saga.....and other things..... 2015-4-12...




Hello there.......



Hubby has been busy making more Planter boxes for the front yard..... he likes making these.. I think we'll have to give some away soon.. running out of space for them ...LOL...

...we have another three planters on the other side of the bins..... all with Gazanias in them... looks lovely.....


...These ones are ready for the vegies ... hubby has seeds in and is waiting for  them to sprout.....



We spent Easter working in the side garden.....
...we moved plants...
...threw out plants...
...re-potted... and pruned plants....
AND.... opened up the top end for more seating and relaxing.....

... just weeding and the final cleaning of the table and chairs..(they all had pots of plants on them and are stained) ...will be lovely when finished...


I got busy and recovered all our assorted placemats and coasters in the heavy duty checker plate contact I used on the benches..... they look great.....

 


Hubby installed the new grey bench top in the dining room ... that was a bit chaotic... but it looks wonderful......


..here he id taking the bookcase off the end ..... I had him attach this years ago.... now he cut it down to bench height and installed it at the other end.....

.....  we have separation........ Notice the cupboard is NOT completely emptied yet...  when he starts a job he doesn't care about these little details....

......... removing the little shelf and the overhanging end of the bench........
.... ready to trim the base........ I love the 'action' here...... ( he didn't know what photos I took ...only that I had the camera..lol...)
.. shortened bookcase and the new placing of it......
.........  the new top in place..........
....... just needs the edging on the curved corners that he cut for me ........... I love it....
I'm looking forward to the kitchen bench being replaced now.... but this is a two man job and will have to wait a little longer ....




.... Mum was given these beautiful tulips for Easter ..... she loved them... the last one lost it's petals today... they lasted a whole week... xxxx

AND ..... I found a Frog in one of my Broms......
... he's an Emerald spotted tree frog....... here's a close up...... I love him.......
... he does have faint green spots on him that will get darker as he gets older..so I've been told..... I love the diamond shape in his eyes........
..Sadly I haven't seen him again.... so glad for the camera...  xxxxxx


 Keep well everyone and I'll see you soon......
Hugs and Blessings... Barb xxxx







 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, the image of the Tree Frog is incredible! It looks like he's smiling at me :)

    LOVE your planter boxes, my friend! It's always a joy to visit you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. I love the frog too, Stephanie....... always wanted some in the garden...
      I told hubby that 14 of the planter boxes is enough out the front...... he can stop now.
      The bench top in the kitchen is in now... wil post photos... xxx
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. You have a frog that's amazing, he's a pretty fellow too.
    I reckon I heard some out our way last night but most likely crickets.
    The bench is looking good.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Haven't seen the frog again Merle... a bit sad about that... just happy I was able to get a photo...
      Kitchen bench was put in today.....will post photo...
      Hugs ... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb. Well, it seems that little froggie wanted his picture taken and he went "Scat!" Great shot.

    You are so lucky your hubs does around-the-house projects. I'm lucky, too, cuz my hubs is like that.

    Your long greenhouse looks wonderful, too, Barb. Have a sweet Sunday! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... still haven't seen the frog ... glad I caught him on camera ...
      I got up this morning and found hubby had installed the kitchen bench ... all done now .. I'm so pleased ....
      I will post a photo...
      Hugs.... Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. You and your husband are both so industrious and creative! And I love the color of the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Nancy....
      He does everything around the house that I ask him to do... in his own time..... but he gets things done... I'm lucky.....
      Hugs ..... Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. Great job on the planter boxes and dining benchtop/bookshelf. That would be a handy place to keep the recipe books. I like your yellow checked tablecloth.
    I need to get out into my little garden patch soon, there's things that need pulling out and lots of bulbs to go in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I have put my recipe books in the bookshelf.... great idea River.......
      I love check tablecloths ...I have them in all different colours.....
      Kitchen bench is in now too..... posting photos.....
      We/I can concentrate on the garden now...
      Hugs.... Barb xxxx

      Delete