Sunday, March 8, 2015

... Smiling.... 2015-3-8 ...



Hello everyone.....

We have had a really nice week here at home.....

Mum finally decided to have her hair permed tomorrow..(Monday).... so she is  happy  again....

Hubby is back in the shed practicing his wood turning......

AND ..... my doctor increased my anti- depressant  dosage and I have had 5 straight days of calm ..... soo good...

...... and Autumn is here ... this is my favourite season of the year....

...............   some lovely Autumn colour on my Sacred bamboo.........



I cut the Petunias back out the front and we planted Gazanias ..... and trimmed the hedge again...

.... I love the house number hubby made.....  and the gazanias are this colour..




Hubby took down the Mirror near the front door and re-cut it to a smaller size and re-framed it and painted it cream..... I love it...




He also repaired and painted this steel scroll pot plant holder my Dad made about 60 years ago.... Mum is really happy with it...






I'll leave you with another Gazania flower.......

Have a good day everyone.....

Hugs.... Barb  xxx

7 comments:

  1. That is some pretty bamboo. I like the color on it. I have often thought I would like some bamboo in the yard to serve as a privacy screen, but from what I have seen around here, whatever type people have planted for that purpose in this area seems to take over the entire yard pretty quickly.

    Those are nice looking house numbers that your husband made. The gazanias are pretty. Gazanias are new to me. I wonder if they will grow here in Missouri.

    I am glad you are feeling calm and well. We are finally heading into spring here after a very long, freezing cold, snowy February. The weather has suddenly warmed up and just being able to be comfortable outside and putter around in the yard is very calming to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susie... thanks for visiting... The bamboo is a Nandina. It's called Nandina domestica... Chinese sacred bamboo. It's not a 'true' bamboo .. and grows to about 6 ft high .....can be planted in containers....
      Hubby is pretty handy around the house...
      I'm glad that Spring is becoming a reality for you... I couldn't imagine the winter cold you have... in Sydney we have mild winters...no snow and ice.... just a bit of cold and rain...
      So nice to think of you puttering in your garden and enjoying the warmer weather...
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. I quite like gazanias, but I'm tired of the yellow ones I see absolutely everywhere here, they're on the nature strips, because they're easy-care I suppose.
    I love your little mirror corner of your verandah, a nice place to sit and watch the world go by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I find the yellow gazanias a bit boring too, River.... these colours are much prettier...
      We took the mirror down and while hubby cut the mirror smaller and re-framed and painted it... about 2 weeks..... everyone who came here wanted the mirror back... apparently it's become essential for hair and make up checks before ringing the bell and when leaving the house....... hehehe... xxxxx I love it...xxxxx

      Delete
  3. It's so lovely to see Dad's pot-plant holder up again!! It looks wonderful, Barb! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Thanks Trish..... Mum was happy to see it finally painted..hehehe..... Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. Five days straight? I'll have what you're having. hahaha. Sounds like all is going well. So happy for you!! Take care now :)

    ReplyDelete