Friday, March 13, 2015

Peace and Time... 2015-3-13



Hello everyone...

I'm so happy to be writing this post today...

We've had a wonderful week of peace in the house... Mum and hubby are both quiet and happy..... and I seem to have more time to do the normal things around the place......

No stress is wonderful......



.... Kyton likes to sit here most nights and watch the daylight fade into dark.........



.... I love the soft colours of the Sedum flowers.. the little ant is a nice bonus...




I get a bit sad that my moods have such a bad/good effect on the people around me......
.
If I'm happy -- Mum and hubby are happy
If I'm stressed and upset --- they both fall apart and become irritable and cranky......







.... went to the second hand shop and bought these nice shoes for winter....  I took the bow and buckle off them and used a permanent marker to change them to classic Black....... so comfey to wear......
.......... I do this to most of my shoes...  



...My Dad made this wraught iron plant hanger may years ago... I'd forgotten I even had it.... it was broken on one of the welded joins.... so hubby re-welded it and painted it...... Mum loves it.. she said she was glad to see it finally painted...... hehehe.....



 


Autumn has arrived with the beautiful changing colours of the leaves ........
This is my favourite season.......


Thanks for visiting...
See you soon...

Hugs..... Barb xxx





8 comments:

  1. How clever to use permanent marker to transform your shoes!! I'm reminded of once, long ago, when I spilled a cola drink on one of my brand new beige shoes. The leather was unharmed, but not the fabric bow, which was now several shades darker than the other one. So - I came home and poured cola on the other and ta da! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. Hi Nancy... I'm glad you like my shoe trick..... I wear mostly Black pants with lots of coloured tops.. so I like my shoes to be black..... Great that you were able to 'dye' the bows on your shoes to match.....
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Smiling at Kyton, Angel does the exact same thing, but in the morning as well, he insists I open the front door while it is still dark, he likes to watch the daylight happen and the first birds appear on the grass. In the evening he watches people come home from work as the sun goes down.
    I've never bought second hand shoes, there never seems to be anything that fits that isn't so worn out they should be in the trash. I'm going to my local soon to see if I can get jeans for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm smiling at the thought of Angel checking out the world morning and night... animals are always curious....
      I don't get much from second hand shops... but.. every now and then... jackpot..... Hugs... Barb xx

      Delete
  3. I missed this one for some reason only one shows up in the reading list.
    Glad everything is peaceful always more relaxing.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. thanks Merle.... I'm enjoying the peace and quiet...Hugs... barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny...I thought I left a comment on this before....oh well. My sedums are turning a deep rusty russet now that the season is changing. Love seeing Dad's planter hanging up again. Barb!! So glad you had a nice calm week :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... no worries Trish..... glad you like the planter... xxxx
      Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete