Thursday, February 26, 2015

... In the Garden... Part 1





 Thanks for dropping by.......

I spent a lot of time in the garden in the last week... that always lifts my spirits.....


I needed to use the pot that I had some young trees/sapling/seedling growing in ... I was growing these for Bonsais.... so I potted them  up into bonsai pots..... hope they settle in properly......

                                                                ..a Maple.....

...have no idea what this is called......
.... Mulberry trees.....
 
 
...                                               ........ Privet trees ...........




Hubby found this large Umbrella tree growing on his shed roof when he went up to clean all the leaves off it..... he has now potted it in the pot the bonsais-in-training were..... this is why I had to pot out my babies...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
..... see you lovely people soon with part 2...
 
 
Hugs .... Barb  xxx
 

7 comments:

  1. You could Bonsai the umbrella tree too, it already has a restricted root system. I like Bonsai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... That's true River, but I have no idea what hubby wants to do with it... He just planted it in my big pot.. ..
    I'll be putting up some pics of my more advanced Bonsais in part 2.... I like fiddling with them... the ones here are just babies... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look good when Bonsaied [is that a word].
    I had a maple in a small pot for a couple of years but when I planted it out in the garden it went crazy, it's huge now.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job working in your garden, Barb. You have a green thumb. Thanks so much for all the visits to my posts, too. You are a sweetheart. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your 'green thumb' comment Susan...... I hide any garden fatalities in the potting shed and spread the healthy ones out a bit so the garden always looks OK..... I'm only an average gardener....with a secret strategy...... Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. You have a great little miniature forest growing in your small space, Barb! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish..... I hope they do take and grow...... Hugs... Barb xx

      Delete