Tuesday, December 16, 2014

... Smiles on Tuesday ...2014.12.16 ...

 Hello everyone ...

Here's my first BIG smile for today ......


.... Hubby  hung twinkling lights on the front of the house for Christmas .... I love the reflection on the car .... 


...and....

..My second BIG smile is...
......  Kyton in the Tuxedo that I couldn't resist buying for him ....  I love this photo.......

BUT..

... here's what he really thinks about it....
             ....... he's had enough ..and after only 2 photos...... hahaha .....


..... and .. I'm happy to say the cushions for our dining room chairs arrived.... and they are  so comfortable ... 
.. sorry about the flaring on the chairs.. I didn't think this would happen... looked fine on the smaller photo.....



                         ... some buds on my 4'clocks and a slightly sad geranium........



I hope I've given your day a little lift....

See you on Friday ......
Hugs and Blessings ...   Barb  xxx






6 comments:

  1. Aww, poor Kyton!
    I like your chair covers quite a lot, are they available in other colours?
    The house lights are beautiful, I always enjoy seeing homes lit up for Christmas, it isn't something I've ever done myself though.
    Is there another name for four o'clocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. Hi River... Kyton's getting a little too old for dress-ups now... he used to like wearing clothes...... this is the first year we've had lights outside... I prefer to have a subdued outside and a lot of sparkle inside the house.. but Hubby's idea.... I've only heard the plants called 4o'clocks... xxxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been googling; four o'clocks are a perennial plant called Mirabilis Jalapa. Known as four o'clocks because the flowers open at around 4pm and stay open overnight, they come in many colours and have a slight vanilla fragrance. Can be grown from tuber or seed and will self seed readily, so collect the seed once it sets if you don't want your garden to be taken over. I think I'll get some seed next year, I like the idea of vanilla fragrance in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. Thanks for the info River.... I never thought to google it ... I got seed from Merle who has had them growing for years in her garden... ... xx Barb

      Delete
  4. Awww,,, Kyton is adorable - my son and I enjoyed seeing him in his tuxedo :)

    Merry Christmas, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... glad you both enjoyed his photo, Stephanie.... he doesn't mind a bit of dress-up every now and then..... hehehe..... ... Merry Christmas to you, too ...Hugs ... Barb xx

      Delete