Friday, December 5, 2014

... My Week on Friday ... Dec.5.2014

Hello my friends....
...here's some things that happened this week....



I know not everybody likes spiders.... I only tolerate them in the garden  where I like to photograph them..... This is a seriously cute tiny Jumping Spider I found the other day...



  My crown of thorns plant against the side of the house and window... I was happy with the blurring of the background...
 



last week I posted a bad 'selfie' ..I did some practicing, like I said I needed to do... and I came up with this pic ... I like this one.. I'm in the kitchen ready to make a cup of tea... which I seem to do every hour or so.. lol xxx


... Hubby made these cute planter boxes this morning.. they were an unexpected surprise for Mum and me.... he brought them in filled with potting mix ready for me to plant the petunias I bought last week and hadn't planted yet... now they are done... xx
 



... I took this photo of a Jacaranda tree as we were driving the other day...... they are blooming everywhere at the moment... so pretty... this one had the flowers in distinct clusters of flowers .. not the all over coverage I'm used to seeing...


... Kyton waiting patiently  for me to go to bed so he can get onto my chair and sleep... lol  xx


.. Mum's  Peace Lily is blooming... she loves it when plants she brought with her when she came to live with us bloom....   shows her I don't kill everything in the garden ...


Have a great week end everyone......
I'll see you on Tuesday...
Hugs and Blessings... Barb  xx










13 comments:

  1. I think your selfie is simply lovely, my friend :) And your spider really is cute! I am not a spider-lover, but this one brought a smile to my face.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, I'm getting more comfortable with doing selfies... glad you liked the little spider.. xxx have a great weekend.. Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog and your lovely photos, and figured it's about time I tell you so!! (if I haven't already). The crown of thorns against the blurry background is beautiful. And that spider!!!!! It strikes me as having amazing camouflage... as if it has a face on its back, a face with large googly eyes. What a wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy... it's great to meet you and it's nice that you like my blog... and my photography..... I love taking photos and I'm thrilled when they turn out well, which most of them don't.. LOL xxxx.
      I love the little spider, too... 'Hugs and Blessings... Barb xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb my internet has been down for a day, maybe something to do with the rain as the phone is playing up too.
    Your selfie is pretty good do you have a timer on your camera, I always have a arm in mine or I take the top of my head or my chest.
    The spider turned out good I didn't know they had eyes on top of their head,
    The planters will look lovely with flowers in them out the front.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Hi Merle ... I do have a timer on my camera but I do most selfies holding the camera.... I take masses..like 60 or 70 pics and maybe like one... hehehe... and turn in awkward positions to hide my bulgy bits and arm ..and try to remember to look relaxed and smile...... great fun....
      The spider turned out great , I love him...
      Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. Your macro shots are really good Barb...love the spider!
    And your selfie is great too. I know how hard it is to take one while holding the camera...your arm feels like it's gonna fall off after the 100th attempt, lol!
    So glad Mum's peace lily is blooming..it's very pretty.
    Hubby wants to grow a jacaranda here but "I doubt it will survive our winters...pity because I love them too.
    love, Trish xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Thanks Trish... I had fun doing the selfie... and the little spider stayed quite still for me....
      The jacaranda are lovely at the moment...
      Hugs and Blessings... Barb xxx

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed your photos, Barb. The little spider is, admittedly, cute, as long as he doesn't jump on me! ha! The peace lily is so lovely, too. Mum must love it. Susan p.s. Barb, thank you so much for your visits and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... hehehe.. the little spider did jump after I'd taken a couple of pics and I didn't see where it went...and I checked to see if it had jumped on me or the camera ... cute maybe , but not on me either, thank you very much..... ... Hugs ... Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty little spider and a very pretty selfie too!
    Nice that you got the petunias planted, I might get some "ready colour" to put in the pots I'm currently emptying of bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks for your lovely words River ....
      Some new colour in the garden sounds great ..... 'Hugs and Blessings ... Barb xxx

      Delete