Friday, November 28, 2014

My Week on Friday.. Nov.28.2014....

...Hello...


...this week has been a great week......


As you know we had our Christmas party on the week -end.. and it was a great day....







..I won a ham at Bingo and we bought a new cushion for Mum's chair.... if it's comfortable for her we will buy some for the other chairs... so far Mum likes it...







With the recent heat waves we've been having it was decided to try and stop some of the heat coming through the sky light in the dinind room as Mum and I spend a lot of time in there...
It had clear glass at the ceiling ... so hubby took the glass out and covered it in silver reflective material ... we hope this works...
... we now have a dark room..... and we'll need to have the light on in the daytime.......







I put these 2 photos together because they made me smile.......




I took a close up of these lovely flowers from mu sister's garden..... I think they are beautiful... I was so pleased that she gave me a plant of them for my garden....






... and  this is a Petunia from her garden... it's so frilly and lovely... Mum loves it .. I tried to buy a plant but so far I've only found ordinary Petunias... I'll keep looking.....






... have a good week end everyone... I'll see you on Tuesday....
 Hugs and blessings....   Barb  xxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Barb! Your flowers are always so nice to see :) And how fun that you won a ham!

    Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Hi Stephanie..... Mum loves to win as many hams as she can this time of year ... she likes to give my brothers and sisters ham for Christmas....It's something she's done for years... we won baking pork the week before and that is cut into pieces ready to give out for Christmas, too......
      Hugs and Blessings... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. The guy down the road from me has put in wirley bird things in his roof he said it reduced his heat a lot maybe worth a thought.
    The ham was very nice we have eaten 1/8 of it already.
    Your mum's chair looks good.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..uummm... well... we have had a whirley bird for the toilet roof for many years ... it just never got installed..... I just use the toilet in the bathroom in summer now ...my problem solved....
      ...Mum seems to like the new cushion... we've ordered 5 more for the other chairs..... hope they make everyone comfortable..... xxxx <3
      ...Hugs... Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb...Hot there, c-c-c-old here.

    Glad Mum is doing well.

    Thanks for hour comment and visit. Hope your weekend is delightful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks Susan... every day is special for mum at her age...
      Hugs... Barb xx

      Delete
  4. Good idea on the skylight. We did have a bit of a heat wave today we went up to 50 degrees but it's supposed to drop again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..thanks Judy... the reflective covering has made a real difference in lowering the heat... xxx
      Hope your temps don't drop too far too quickly... easing into Winter would be good...
      Hugs and Blessings.. Barb xx

      Delete
  5. It's possible the ruffled flower is a Petunia Petticoat, I have a vague memory of seeing them in a gardening magazine last year or maybe the year before, perhaps ask about them at your local nursery.
    The one disadvantage of living in such a hot country is having to block out the heat, thus needing to have a light on in the day time. My lounge light is on from the minute I get up until I go to bed, because the window faces north so the heat and glare come right in. I lower the awning and the inside blind and turn on the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..thanks for the name River... I'll look out for it because Mum really liked it...
      It's frustrating having to have the light on all the time... I would love a house with windows on all sides so I could open and close them as needed..
      Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete
  6. That's an ingenious way to fix the problem of over lighting from the skylight. I love the beautiful flowers, especially since we are definitely not in flower season here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Debbie..... Mum gets sore eyes from the glare and the heat from the skylight and we cant have the fansa on because of her eyes... so I put my crafty brain to work and came up with the reflective idea... seems to be working...
      Hugs and Blessings... Barb xx

      Delete