Friday, October 17, 2014

..my Week on Friday ... 17 Oct 2014

... some  glimpses into my week.....



..Hubby bought some new colours of Crucifix Orchids for the garden.....


..... this is Mum and my sister Gwen relaxing in the lounge room... mum watching TV and my sister doing cross stitch......


.. this long strip of fern is from in front of the wall you can see in the background... it all came up in one piece as it was just growing on top of the pavers..........I was amazed.....
... I took it around to the back patio and cut it in half and put the 2 pieces in front of the aviary..... 'Gotta love instant garden....


... my friend and fellow blogger, Merle ..( from Merlesworld blog)... came over for lunch today... it was a great afternoon .....


... and I was pretty excited when this photo cropped beautifully and I now have this great Fly photo to put on my wall.....


... I have this vine ..creeper.. ground cover.. plant in some pots  and I have been trying to find out it's name... the flowers have a tubular base and the leaves are hairy.....so far nobody recognizes it...... I love it...



...Have a great weekend everybody and I'll see you on Tuesday......
Hugs and Blessings... Barb  xxx






6 comments:

  1. Oh Barb, lovely photos. That fly photo is a winner! Glad he's not buzzing around my lunch, though. Ha!

    Was so happy to see Merle! Didn't know she lived close enough to you to come over for lunch. How wonderful!

    Have a beautiful weekend, sweet blog sister! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I have been friends with Merle for over 40 years, Susan .... at one time we were next door neighbours and our boys grew up together...
      ...thanks for dropping in Susan... Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Forgot the orchid it's still at my daughters place so she is planting it out.
    We got tomato plants for a dollar each, so now I got 5 growing now so I should get lots of tomatoes, good visit with my daughter but the area so quiet hard to sleep need a bit of noise to let me know I'm not alone in the world, even Angus was sleeping soundly all night.
    See you Monday.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... it can be difficult sleeping in someone else's home at times..... I'll give you more of the orchid... xx Hugs ... Barb xx

      Delete
  3. Your purple flower vine looks familiar but I can't remember what. I'm not a fan of orchids but that one does look pretty. Nice to have Merle visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... the Crucifix orchid is a bit different to the regular orchids, River..... I like it because it is different... .. not as hard to grow... xxxx
      Hugs ... barb xx

      Delete