Sunday, August 3, 2014

My 99% kitchen reveal.....

Well ... I've finished all that I can to do for my Kitchen face lift......  and I'm happy with the result ...I just needs Hubby to install the new grey bench top.. but I have no idea when this will be...  so I'm posting now.....
I'm very happy with my work...


 ...This was my Kitchen decor...


.. first to go was the white cupboard on wheels... to be replaced by this shelving unit...

..all the white undercoating done ...I decided to do some painting in the dining room to tie both rooms together...

... then the tiles were freshened up with a grout touch up and  the colour of the accent spots changed..

... the spots were originally green and 12 years ago I covered them with contact and as you can see they did look better...I removed the contact and replaced it with white contact to make the tiles plainer, but... to my happy surprise the spots showed through and looked grey.... a lovely fresh look.....





... next came new spotty curtains and I started painting the cupboards and drawers grey..... Hubby put the new glass tiles on the window sill ...



........... I made this piece of wall art...... I do like chatting my phone ... a lot...

...new utensil holders and my colourful array of utensils.... they change positions in the containers as I use them ..it's like changing wall art.....

..red and white spotty contact on the shelves and I made a new red and white  plastic bag holder...

....  I brightened up the cutlery drainer ...

... hung up some pretty colourful mugs.....

... replaced the large red circle with a small doily in a frame..... so much nicer.....

..... and here is the kitchen 'face lift' as it looks when I finished it today ...... I love it ... so pleased my ideas worked out ....It will be great when the grey bench top is installed... the final finishing touch.....

Thank you for coming on my kitchen journey ... I hope you all enjoyed the trip  :)  :)  (hope it wasn't too long..)

Hugs and Blessings...
Barb  xx

6 comments:

  1. Barbara, it all looks so much better, bright and new!
    It's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Thanks River.... l'm pleased you like it.....it is nicer to work in and more functional now.... I love it..
    Hugs and blessings..
    Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all looking good I really like all the touches of red, and the spotty theme.
    Merle................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Merle... I'm so happy with the result and I love the red 'bits'....
    Hugs ... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barb....So nice that you remodeled. Love that red doily! So colorful. I want to thank you sooooo much for your visits and comments on my blog. Love your visits. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. Thanks Susan... I would like to 'remodel' properly by getting all new cupboards fitted, but my Mum isn't up to all that chaos and noisy mess.... so I patched up what we have and made it look fresh and light... Mum loves it now...
      I enjoy your blog.. Hugs and Blessings.. Barb xx

      Delete