Wednesday, August 13, 2014

.... around the house ...

...  I thought it's time for more garden photos....
Nothing much is happening here because of the crazy ( but lovely and sunny) Winter we're having in Australia.  The garden is a bit confused... :)

I was fascinated with the colours in this leaf on my May bush..





 My Poinsettias are looking pretty good at the moment..  I like the raindrops...


These little starry flowers on the succulent plants are so pretty.. ..




the Kalanchoe is getting ready to flower... I think the buds are lovely...




My daughter and son in law came last weekend and took away the day bed and the pull-out sofa bed.. My grand son got the day bed with it's chunky, blokey arms and back  and the sofa bed went into the longe room at the farm for extra sleeping for visitors.....
... here they are waiting to be loaded onto the trailer.... I gave a LOT of cushions to them as well.....








We replaced these items with new 'click clack' style lounges that convert to double beds.....  they tried the one in our back room out Saturday night and were very happy with the comfort of it.. Pleased to hear this...

Here is the one in the lounge room with the new rug my Mum choose for the room...





... and ... here is my sneaky dog, Kyton.... he got up on the bedding my daughter used while we were saying goodbye to her... he likes his comfort..


.... here are some Primulas  to say Goodbye with... I'll write again soon.......







Hugs and Blessings....  Barb  xx

9 comments:

  1. Such beautiful flowers, Barbara! Much too hot here in AZ to grow anything. Looking forward to cooler weather in another month so I can get out and garden. Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...... we haven't had a really cold winter this year and some of my plants didn't flower...... I only have a narrow garden by the side of the house... mostly containers......
      Hugs and Blessings ... Barb xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb
    You haven't come up on my list, only checked you out because you said yesterday you had put up another post, lately blogland is a bit crazy.
    The flowers are pretty, the primulas are very pretty.
    Kyton looks very cosy.
    Merle..................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... hope you can get me back on your list, Merle........ have a great week.. Hugs... Barb xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely flower photos, Barb. Just lovely. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Thank you Susan...... looking forward to more in the Spring....
      Hugs and Blessings ... Barb xx

      Delete
  4. I'm pleased to see the return of the (new? style) click clack lounges. We had one way back in 1971 when we first married, it was a three piece suite (in 70s orange of course) it converted to a bed by lifting the seat portion all the way up until it clicked, then lowering it again while also lowering the back rest to a flat position.
    I love your flower photos and am amazed at the rainbow of colours in that first May bush leaf.
    I bought a potted poinsettia last Christmas, but I think it's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... the click clacks are great and take up less space than what we had... the one in our back room as been used twice already and been rated as comfortable.....
    The May bush leaves really surprised me this year... most stayed green but a few changed to these lovely colours.... must be the mild winter... I think that's why my Hellebore didn't flower this winter.....
    Sorry to hear about your Poinsettia.. but it might surprise you yet...
    Hugs and Blessings... Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are pretty, Barb...bet there's even more out by now, too! xox

    ReplyDelete