Sunday, July 6, 2014

... packing up and storing cupboard contents.... waiting for floors ... still...

....Still waiting to hear when the delivery and installation of our floor will be....
In the mean time we look like we're moving out........

.... boxes of craft in the bedroom ..... empty cupboards in the dining room,and the back room ...linen press  in the process of being bagged....  and the 2 seater lounge will be picked up by the council tomorrow... and we get our front verandah back.....  :)  :)


Our #2 daughter turned 50  last week and we had a  BBQ at her place yesterday.... it was a great afternoon..

.. these are my three Great Grandchildren ...they are 5, 3, and 2 and are so cute ... xxx they had fun yesterday...

... the subject from my photography group for yesterday was 'on the table' so I took these pics of different 'tables' at the BBQ... as you can see there was lots of food, cake, flowers and fun..... Mum choose a quiet corner for her lunch....  my #3 daughter sat with her while Hubby got Mum's lunch and I got her coffee.... she hardly got a moments peace because everybody kept coming over to talk to her.... she enjoyed the afternoon ....  and all the attention..


... here's a pretty pink Impatiens flower .... and a bug on a dead flower ...



... this is Jules, my cockateil..... he likes putting his head in this corner above the aviary door and talking and whistling to himself........ makes me smile.... it must echo and sound good to him....

.. earlier in the week I cut this onion in half, leaving the skin on...I wrapped it in cling wrap and put it in the fridge... tonight when I went to use it I was surprised to see it had sprouted ... made me laugh to see leaves and roots on it.... and, yes, I peeled, cut and cooked it... lovely...

.... and this is part of my street taken earlier this evening as people were starting to settle down for the night... I like this time of the day when  lights start to be switched on...... I imagine people enjoying their evening meal and relaxing after a busy day....

Thanks for visiting...
Hugs and Blessings
Barb xxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi Barb...Enjoyed your photos. I like the twilight hour, too. So soothing to see lights twinkling on houses. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules is precious and my son enjoyed seeing the picture of her :)

    Your photos were a joy to look at, sweet friend, and Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The onion surprises me, I didn't know they could do that. I like the photo of shadowy houses with warm welcoming lights on.
    I hope all your flooring is done soon and everything back in its place. Although having to pack things up and move them out of the way is a good chance for a bit of clearing out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures you will not know yourself with the new floor.
    So many empty spaces you will be able to go shopping for new things soon thats my problem.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to se your new floors, Barb! All your hard work will be forgotten when you see the transformation next week :D Annnnndddd.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting and chatting everybody... I love hearing from you all...
    New post on the finished floors today... see you soon..
    Hugs and Blessings...
    Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete