Sunday, October 20, 2013

The highs and lows of the last 2 weeks...

I have started to frame some of my photos and plan a gallery wall in my Dining room.....this is the only room that has available wall space .......

Here is one showing a Geranium from bud to full flower...
...A beautiful Gerbera......






....a Hellebore  from my garden ......




These photos are behind glass....sorry for the reflections......
I'm so pleased with the results....

Mum decided she wanted to change from her single lounge chair to the 2 seater lounge....so Hubby and I changed the room around the way she wanted it...  she was very happy with the results.....

                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

On Wednesday 16th... hubby and I went on a cruise on a Tall Ship....... we had a great time..

...this is the ship we went on..

Here is Hubby steering the ship...




And helping trim the sails..




                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
The day after this.... New South Wales and The Blue Mountains area in particular, erupted in bush fires...
and today the 20th ..these fires are still burning....we have family in some of these areas who have been evacuated .....
The smoke from these fires are affecting Sydney quite badly and health warnings are in place.....

This was the sky over my house yesterday evening.....



We are all praying for the hundreds of people who have lost their homes and for the safety of our volunteer fire fighters who have come from all over Australia to fight these devastating fires...


...Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx

12 comments:

  1. The fires are getting really bad, if they join up the front will be 300kms they just said on the news.
    Your photos are looking good the first one is lovely.
    He looks the part steering the ship and trimming the sails did they made you work to pay for your dinner.
    Merle..................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very worrying time ...I hope the fires don't join up.....we have the house closed and the fans on because of the smoke.
      I'm happy with my pics in frames..makes them look so much better... actually worth looking at..... hehehe
      Stay out of the smoke....Hugs... Barb xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Barb....The photos look fabulous! What a great idea to have a gallery in your own home! Great job.

    Very sorry to hear about the fires. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Hi Susan..... Thanks for liking my photos......my idea is to have a display on the wall where I can put different photos in the frames , but the display layout stays the same...I have limited space and this will give us something new to look at.... just need to remember to take photos of each one framed..before I hang them to avoid the reflections.....
      We're all hoping the fires end soon...
      Hugs and Blessings.....Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm keeping track of the fires whenever I remember to turn on the news. The tall ship cruise looks like fun. I plan on doing one of those next year when I visit Fremantle again. They have a sunset cruise which should be fabulous and get me some good photos. I like your flower photos, I have a similar bud to flower series of a daisy, but haven't printed it or framed it, I just have nowhere to hang it. Your Mum's lounge looks nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope the fires ease soon, but weather reports don't look good.....
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the tall ship cruise...it was a lot of fun.Thanks for liking my photos....it's amazing how a frame enhances a photo...
    Hugs ...Barb ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally realised I wasn't getting posts from my usual blogger friends and wondered why. I think Google friend dropped me off their list I am now refollowing. Those fires look pretty scary from what we see on TV down here. Stay safe.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google and Blogger are always changing things and confusing me.....
      I've also been very irregular about posting...which I'm planning to rectify....
      Nice to hear from you again,Jeanette....
      We're safe here in Sydney and so far so are our family members who live in the danger areas...
      Hugs and blessings
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm your newest follower. I just came by from Simply Shelley's blog. Your photos look great. I've been thinking about making a photo gallery wall in my hall with some of my photographs. I enjoy taking pictures of flowers, too. You have inspired me to get busy on it.

    The tall ship looks amazing. That must have been fun!

    I have been concerned about the fires and hope that they will die down very soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susie...welcome..... It's nice to meet you...
      The tall ship was fun.....
      We're all praying the fires ease soon...
      It's great to see your own photo in a frame....I would enjoy seeing some of your photos..Hugs and Blessings
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  7. Huh! I thought I left a comment days ago :-(
    Well I must've got our phone call mixed up and forgot to come back here and write something..sorry Barb.
    I love the pics of the tall ship! Hubby looks great at the wheel..sailing and beards go together haha!
    I'm glad you have your photos up on the wall now. They look lovely!
    And I'm glad Mum is happy with the change around in the loungeroom too !
    No smoke here today, thank God...but it's grey and cold :-/
    love you..Trish xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... No worries Trish...... taking Mum to the Catholic Club tomorrow for lunch and a play on the pokies..... Have finished putting family pics in the frames up the hall, it looks good....
    Hugs ... Barb xx

    ReplyDelete