Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Gallery Wall......Done

I have had a good week... hope everyone  has had a good week, too...
The smoke from our recent fires has gone and it's lovely to have fresh air and blue skies....

My major news is my photo wall is completed.....now I can change a  photo inside a frame for a changing display without changing the layout................good one...

Hubby helped me with the hanging of the frames.....

...here he is attaching a narrow strip of wood to the wall so the frames hang flat ......

...and here he is drilling and putting hooks into the frames ..... two hooks top and bottom so each frame hangs off the frame above and is connected to the one below  by fishing line (put on by me) so they look like they are floating



I'm really happy with the result......     not too overpowering in the dining room......

...and we can still sit at the table without bumping our heads on the frames........ and I love that I took all these photos myself...then printed and framed them myself.....and designed the layout.......we did the wall yesterday ..28th....so it's still very new.....
OK .....
........ No more patting myself on the back........ I need to remember the old saying....Self Praise is no praise at all..


Here are a few recent garden pics .........
 this is a  face close up of a female Net Casting spider ...they usually hang close to the wall and I can never photograph their faces...but this little lady was hanging on the rolled up hose ...facing me... I found her this morning and took this photo.....these spiders had facing down and are commonly called Ogre faced or Goblin faced spiders...... they hunt at night and it looks like they only have 2 eyes.. but the other eyes are very tiny and not obvious..................


...now for the pretty photos......


..My sister Trish gave me this beautiful frame a while back and I decided to put a lovely bud of my pink geranium  in it.......

.....Sparrow at the garden centre...we haven't seen  many sparrows around the house for a long time...









Single flower from a geranium flower head....... and my first violet of the season.......


Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh Barb how WONDERFUl! An entire wall of your terrific photos! Wow wow wow And what a good hubs to help you put them up. They look great. You are really getting good with the camera! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments, Susan.
    I love my camera..... and I love that it's digital ... You would be amazed at how many pics get deleted and how few I keep...LOL...
    Hugs and Blessings..
    Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I not crazy about the spider but that is the subject matter not the photo, the flowers are lovely and so is that frame that Trish gave you.
    You are right about the sparrows they are rare now .
    The wall of photos are looking good.
    Love Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...these spiders are the good guys.....stationary and gentle....but I still wouldn't want it in the house.....I'm glad you like my wall....
      Hugs .....Barb .... xxx

      Delete
  4. Your picture wall,very clever,especially when you took and framed the pics yourself Barb. Love the flower ones,but spiders,uggggh you can keep that one. If he was in my garden, well I'd run a mile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ......thanks for your lovely comments, Jeanette...... I don't like spiders in the house, they terrify me... but in the garden , armed with my camera..... I'm the hunter and I can control my fear. This particular type is not a nasty kind...
      I love photographing flowers...
      Blessings Barb xx

      Delete
  5. You have good reason to be proud, the wall looks lovely, pat yourself on te back a bit longer.
    I love the cute little sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks River.... I'm over the initial 'wanting to show the world my wall'... now I look at it and smile a lot because it looks exactly how I pictured it would look...
      Blessings... Barb xx

      Delete
  6. I think your photo wall looks fabulous!!!
    Well done, Barb! (and hubby).
    All the pics are really good but I quite Iike the spider..I can see her eye-lids.
    You've chosen a lovely "Barb original" photo for the floral frame too.
    Have an extra pat on the back from me, lol!
    love you..Trish xox


    ReplyDelete
  7. ..Thanks Trish..... I thought the Geranium bud was a nice choice....I'm glad you like it... I've been trying to get a face shot of one of these spiders for months, but they always face the wrong way... until this one... I was excited...
    Thanks for all your encouragement...
    Hugs and Blessings.....
    Barb xx

    ReplyDelete