Wednesday, September 18, 2013

walk to the gardens

Merle and I walked to the Gardens near her place and I took a few photos on the way....

..This is the bark of the Paperbark Tree.. it is soft like suede and in layers as thin as tissue paper....

This is the first Violet I've seen this Spring.... hope mine flower soon.....

..there was lots of this pretty bush growing in the park we walked through...

                .............I love this little 'wildflower' daisy......................

                         ........ and the dandylion seed head is so fragile.........

..there were lots of She-oaks near the bridge over the creek.... unusual flowers....

                   ...a Topknot Pigeon........

             ....and it's mate.... collecting twigs for nest building....well.. it IS Spring...

                      ....I have no idea what this plant is called... but it made an interesting photo...

               ...... there were a few Ibis about..........

......and a Magpie Lark, commonly known as a Peewee because of their call....looking a bit ruffled in the wind.......

...........I had never seen a white Bottle Brush before.... very delicate....

...along the street there were lovely Robinia trees in bloom ....so pretty...........

AND ....to finish off ....... here's a selfie.......I needed sunglasses because of the lovely sunny day we were having... BUT ... I needed reading glasses to see through the camera lens.....my solution....






Have a great day...
Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos Barb. I love, love, Robinias. Your unknown flower looks like it might be a grevillea of some kind. A neighbour nearby to me has a whole drift of violets at least two metres wide.
    My sunny day solution was to get prescription sunglasses. I'd been wanting them for years and finally could afford them, they weren't cheap as I got them in bi-focal lenses, but they're worth every cent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'll be taking your advice, River.... prescription sunnies coming up..
      ... hugs and blessings
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello dear barb, beautiful pics, recently I found a pair of clip on sunglasses in a chemist that fitted perfectly over my prescription lenses for only $16.. they are terrific. especially when driving, I always used to take off my glasses to wear sunny's but this is so much better... Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.. big hugs Love J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..glad you liked my photos, Nell .....
      ..will be getting new glasses soon......
      Hugs and Blessings
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. I used to have clip on sunnies over my regular glasses but over time found the clip bit that sat on the lenses scratched them quite badly. They were effective though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Barb! And I love the last one of you - too cute :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this one, I didn't know you put it up.
    the close up of the topknot turned out pretty good.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Merle..... I'm happy with it, too....I'm going to put it on the Nature photo page.....I'm just about to put a post on here about the peacocks...
    Hugs Barb xx

    ReplyDelete