Monday, August 12, 2013

having fun

I have recovered well from my cataract operations and have almost finished Spring Cleaning my house.....
Hubby has been catching up on some odd jobs as well....

I spent $9 on three new jars for my kitchen bench and by using some red electrical tape Hubby had in his shed, we redecorated the bench area...




                      We changed it from this...........
.......... to this.....and I love this new look......... the little shelf is being used by Hubby and the square containers with the white lids are now in the dining room with biscuits in them....
...Hubby has painted the kick boards under the cupboards in the kitchen and dining room...the masking tape is still in place here, because the paint isn't dry yet......
We are looking good for Spring!!!!

This is my first Hellebore flower for this year..I love these plants...








I've been taking photos f fern fronds opening.... they have wonderful shapes......














................Aren't they fantastic.......


...more photos soon...

Hugs and Blessings...
Barb  xxx

10 comments:

  1. So nice to visit and see what you have been up to :) Your flower is gorgeous! Enjoy your week.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,,, thanks ... we have been busy.. I love these flowers.... You have a good week, too .....
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. I like the cream paint makes it all lighter for summer.
    Are you using your new camera lens they have turned out well.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Merle..... it's a lot brighter and fresher, now... The new lens is a Macro for close ups and I did take one of the fern pics with it...
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. I can see that you have been having some fun, lol!
    Kitchen looks nice and bright, Barb.
    I love the new white canisters and all the red touches...red and white is one of my favourite combos :-)
    The cream paint on the cupboards is so much better too.
    Makes them look fresher and cheery.
    The fern photos are great too..I love the intriguing shapes of unfolding baby ferns.
    Kind of 'alien' looking - but cute!

    love..Trish xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish... Hubby is now thinking of painting the doorways cream, too..................should look good...
      I love the new fern fronds.... they are cute...
      Hugs...... Barb xxxx

      Delete
  4. I love fern fronds, have several photos myself somewhere from previous yards.
    Masking tape should be removed before the paint is completely dry so it doesn't pull at the new paint edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, River..... Hubby kept an eye on the masking tape and removed it before the paint was dry with no problems...... glad you like my fronds...
      Hugs.. Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Barb...So glad you are recovering from the eye surgery. Nice work on your kitchen remodel! Thanks so much for all your visits to my blog. It makes me so happy to think you want to stop by and visit. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your before kitchen and your after kitchen. Both look nice and very user friendly. I'm glad you can now see.

    ReplyDelete