Sunday, July 21, 2013

Yahtzee in the Lounge Room

.... finally got Mum to agree to sitting in the lounge room and playing Yahtzee while the football was on..... Hubby cut down the legs of our old card table and we enjoyed some chips and a coffee.....

...........................Mum looks more relaxed sitting in her comfortable chair...........................................


Hubby has taken out his Pyrography equipment and has begun practicing  wood burning or poker work ....
He's not bad for a beginner........ actually ... he's pretty good.........he's planning to make some coasters for Christmas presents.......

..........................here he's practicing a Kookaburra....................... I think it's good............



On the 17th July the Theme for the photo group I belong to was ..Inspiration.....   my Faith is my Inspiration so I was taking some photos of some items in the lounge room..they were on a high shelf and I just reached up and randomly snapped some pics................... well was I shocked.........

...JUST  LOOK  AT  THAT  DUST ......... I know I've had my cataract done and can't do any dirty work ...but this is beyond a joke..... I can't wait until after I recouperate after the I get the right eye done  on the 31st of this month....that takes it until the end of August....  NO  WAY........
Normally I flick the feather duster around once a week, but obviously I've not been doing it to well.....
SOOO ...... here is my action plan on how to dust properly WITHOUT  getting dust in my eye...

...don't I look Lovely..... these are my regular glasses, but I can't use them for the eye the cataract was removed from..... so I thought if I covered that eye completely... vision AND dust shouldn't be a problem.......

.....I've just been wearing magnifying reading glasses  so I can see to read  and use the computer.....
   ...... I'm playing with my cameras, too....... and I'm getting used to taking my own photo and being photographed by others........ I took all these pics used today


...on a lighter note........

...now my baby's head is going grey...... a bit sad..........







...Dandelion flower and seed head ..................

..................sun shining through the Bird of Paradise petals......(pity the background has bins and car in it)



Hugs and Blessings
Barb   xxx

10 comments:

  1. Your mom looks lovely and so do you :) Your husband is quite talented and what a perfect idea to give coasters as Christmas gifts. From what I can see in the picture his work looks beautiful!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie..... I think Hubby surprised himself with his poker work.....I'll show some more in the next post.....Mum does look good... me not so much....I not good in photos...

      Delete
  2. You know your mum will do anything for hot chips, I hope they were hot chips and it does look more cozy.
    It does look like a kookaburra and I saw one yesterday, we had one hanging around the last couple of days.
    It'a amazing how quickly dust settles that's why I don't wear my glasses at home much.
    Love Merle......................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Merle... I plan to use a damp cloth and stand on the kitchen steps...should work...see the sun keeps shining and I feel I should be Spring Cleaning... hehehe...

      Delete
  3. Great pics, Barb!
    I'm glad you and Mum can sit in comfy chairs and relax more when you play yahtzee now. So much nicer on these cold days!
    Hubby is going great with the poker work!
    I LOVE the dandelion seed head!! Looks like a creature with wings of light :-)
    Not surprised the dust startled you..being short means we miss quite a bit unless we use a step ladder!
    Your glasses are cute :-)
    love and hugs..Trish xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... yep... the lounge is more comfy...I'm bringing in the kitchen steps and banishing the dust............just being cautious...xxx

      Delete
  4. I've noticed the trouble with feather dusters is they just flick the dust into the air and as soon as we finish and sit down for a cuppa the dust settles right back where it was. So I don't bother anymore, until the dust bunnies get so huge I can't walk around without tripping over the little blighters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...You're right about the dust, River.......I plan to damp cloth it as much as possible to reduce the floating dust...... my OCD is kicking in and I've been cleaning out cupboards and washing walls......(note to self)... got to stop and concentrate on dust removal..... xxxx

      Delete
  5. Hello Barb,
    I've not been blogging regularly, but just posted an "update" today. It's good to see your Mum out and playing Yahtzee! Also, glad to see you're recovering well from your cataract surgery. I was just at the eye doctor and told I have the "beginnings" of a cataract in my left eye! Your Bird of Paradise is beautiful!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb! Blessings to you and mum as you are both recovering from different health issues! May you know the Lord's healing hand in your life! Great pictures and it looks like lots of crafting happening at your place! I just got a google plus page so you'll have to join my circle. Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete