Friday, July 12, 2013

I've been a bit busy lately

...Just after I wrote my last post, Mum had another mini stroke (TIA) .... she was a  little strange for a few days, but then she came good except for a loss of energy and strength. She's more frail and shuffles when she walks now. ... She's still marvellous for her age......

I've had a cataract removed from my left eye and I get the other eye done on the 31st of this month...... then the middle of August my Hubby gets his eye done...


...Don't I look lovely....... I was amazed how painless the whole procedure and healing is.....


We went to a friend's place for his, and his Mum's Birthday afternoon tea.... it was a nice visit....





Then.... on Wednesday they unexpectedly called in to my place with a cake for MY birthday..... so we had another afternoon tea........ the flowers are from my son and his wife...





.....aren't we a happy looking group .......... our friend's Mum kept moving and talking.......



I've taken a few photos that I'm happy with................

... I like this low shot of my side path covered in moss....






......................Fern frond..................


.... this was taken at 11.30pm, in the rain using the flash......... I love it..........

.... it is my 'negative space' photo for the photography group I'm a member of..........


... and these are my primula  photos .............









Hope you like my photos .........

Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx

11 comments:

  1. Birthday kudos to you and all there who celebrated, Barb! Hope youre new year of life is great.

    Sorry to hear of your Mum's strokes. Hope she's better very, very soon! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Thanks for your wishes, Susan..... Mum is improving all the time....She just doesn't have a lot of strength any more.. still, at 96, that's not surprising I suppose...
      Hugs.... Barb xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear Cataract removal is painless, anything that involves eyes and surgery always makes me a bit edgy, hope you are better soon.
    I hope your mum is feeling better soon too Spring is just around the corner that cheer her up, I know it cheers me up.
    I like your photos.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you like my photos, Merle..... I'm having a lot of fun taking them.. ..eye's fine...thanks..
      Hugs... Barb xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, you do look lovely :) And Happy Birthday, sweet lady! I hope your day was filled with many special blessings. I am sorry to hear your mom had another stroke, but am thankful she seems to be doing well.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Thanks Stephanie... I'm a whole 71 now......and I had a lovely day..
      Mum doesn't have a lot of strength now, and that upsets her..but, yes she is doing well...
      Hugs Barb xxx

      Delete
  4. Life gets hectic sometimes but it's good when we can find the beauty and joy in it's happenings!
    Nice to "see" you back here, Barb :-)
    love and hugs..Trish xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Thanks Trish ...I'm trying to post more regularly, but we'll have to see how that works out.....
      Hugs .... Barb xx

      Delete
  5. I love the flash in the rain photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Thanks River.... I've tried a couple more night shots and they turned out quite well..... I have a lot to learn about taking photos......but I'm having fun...
      Hugs ... Barb xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely pictures, Barb! Belated Birthday wishes to you. So sorry to hear of your mother's stroke, but she does still look wonderful! Glad your eye surgery went well. Isn't it amazing what they can do these days to restore our eyesight!

    ReplyDelete