Saturday, June 22, 2013

Look what I found......

I was looking around in the garden for something interesting and  'arty'  to photograph... and I found this on our plum tree .............

...... it looked soft and a bit mushroomy.......but it was hard and firmly attached to the tree..
I thought this fitted the " interesting and arty" criteria quite well...

I did some checking on google and it seems to be a Bracket Fungus....... it could damage the tree but we only rarely get any plums ..so Hubby isn't worried about it.........


Hugs and Blessings
Barb   xxxXXX

5 comments:

  1. Hi Barb! What a fascinating bit of fungus - it must have been growing there for a while. So cool that you have a plum tree in your yard. We can't grow them here in Jersey - but blueberries, grapes, apples, and peaches are more the thing. It is "artsy" and I wonder where it came from. Glad you liked my bees, today - I think I might have posted something on them a couple years ago when I took these photos. I'm starting a meme series and finding all my best shots. Thought this was nice for Pink Saturday . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is interesting! It reminds me of a big slug :) I hope you are doing well and your mom is completely healed up. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's different to ours, it's darker and some of them are hard but simular maybe the same family, we also have it growing on logs that have been cut off and lying around the garden but that one is orange.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you only have the one plum tree? That could explain the lack of plums, you need another, a pollinator tree. The fungus is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a bit like an iced fruit loaf to me lol!!
    As long as it doesn't harm the tree I guess it's ok :-)
    Very interesting, Barb.
    love..Trish xoxox

    ReplyDelete