Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day flowers and a garden up date......

My sister, Trish came and spent a couple of days with Mum for Mother's Day........
She brought some Calendulas from her garden down for us to plant.......


She also bought Mum this lovely white Chrysanthamum.......


My Hubby bought these other 'mums' for Mum and I, and with trish's one we have some lovely plants for the garden.........should look lovely.......



While we're outside I'll just show you how the garden is going.........
It's Autumn here and the garnen is slowing down....but .. a few things are happening........

...the Hyacinths are going great.......

...the Polyanthus have come back to life..............

......this unknown plant from last year has resurected itself, too ......................

....And ... the Hellebores are thickening up.................. maybe a flower or two this Winter.......hope so.


Inside we have  beautifu Floral Arrangement from my brother for Mum and a lovely Vase of Gerbras  for Mum and me from my Daughter, Sue..........




We had a lovely Mother's Day......

Hope you all had a nice week....
Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx

6 comments:

  1. Shara and Andy arrived with KFC and she made a desert " Figs cooked in brown sugar and rum with salted caramel and cream in pavlova shells it was out of this world and I got to keep the left overs not the KFC the sweet stuff, so I had it for morning tea today.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers :) Sounds like a lovely day.

    Hugs to oyu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. on Tuesday....Lovely flowers, Barb.

    I want to thank you sincerely for your visits and comments on my blog. Always nice to see you have been by. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the plants are going well for you, Barb.
    You and Mum will have lots of nice cheery flowers to enjoy :-)
    Love Mum's flower arrangement and gerberas are one of my favourites!
    big hugs..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white chrysanthemum looks very snowy and showy, lovely. I'd love to see photos of your hellebores when they flower. I've been meaning to plant some myself, I'll have to make a note to get myself to a nursery. They're winter flowering so they should be available now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing all your photos, you are going to have a beautiful garden! I'm glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day! I had a nice one too ;)

    ReplyDelete