Monday, May 27, 2013

Kyton and Mum

Hello....
since Mum broke  her  wrist she has taken to doing crosswords and puzzles in the daily paper......
this makes me very happy..... she misses knitting and this is a good substitute for her...

.......I help Mum with them and between us we get most of the puzzles out.....
We do this in the mornings ....... and in the afternoons we still play Yahtzee, sometimes for three hours... depends how Mum feels.... I'm enjoying this time with Mum.....I call this my 'Mental Therapy'.......
I miss crafting, but. it's nice not to have the pressure to finish birthday presents and other things  I used to do.  Now I enjoy shopping for gifts instead...... 

I took this photo last week ... as you can see the heater is on... YES ... it's getting cold in Sydney.... Winter is almost upon us.....


.. even the dog is getting cold....

...here he is in his fluffy lined denim coat.......

..and here he is in  a different coat,  trying to back in behind my Hubby on the lounge chair.......he's a funny dog.....
....  I like the way he eats his dry food from the far side of the bowl and keeps the food in a straight line.....The Vet says Kyton is eccentric ........

We tend to agree   hahaha...


Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx

4 comments:

  1. Kyton is a character all right, he has a great taste in clothes they suit him very well.
    Glad to hear your mum is picking up.
    Love Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Barb,it's getting pretty chilly now!
    I don't blame Kyton for wanting to snuggle up and get warm.
    As for being eccentric..he's just trying to fit in with the rest of your household lol!
    We are so very blessed that our Mum is still able to think clearly enough to work out the tricky crosswords :-)
    love and hugs..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Kyton is adorable :) We are starting to enjoy warmer weather here in the States and the blossoms are popping out on the trees - yay!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how many puzzles your paper has!!
    We get three, a regular which is five minutes of easiness, a two-speed which has two sets of clues and takes me about six minutes, and a cryptic which I find impossible, although I can work out a clue or two occasionally. I buy crossword books instead and have binges where I do them all day until I start making mistakes then don't touch them for weeks or months. I'm pleased to see your mum is still keeping active even without her knitting. I've never known a dog who separates his food like that, any dog I've ever known has just scarfed it down.

    ReplyDelete