Monday, April 29, 2013

Ups and Downs

 
Wellll ...............
This week my Mum had a fall and broke her wrist.......the Doctor said it was a small clean break and didn't need setting, just plaster.......sooo .....here she is enjoying a cup of coffee...


 
Mum is still able to do most things for herself.....I have to cut her meals into small pieces, but we are having mainly soft food......I get her pills out of the little bubbles for her .......she can still play Yahtzee and read the weekend papers.. but missed Bingo this week .....  Maybe next week, Mum



Earlier in the week I was visiting friends when the local cookatoos came in for a snack ..... these birds are quite lovely...but noisy ........
My friends little 3yr old likes to feed them....









These are Sulpher Crested Cookatoos and they live in large flocks in the wild.......they can live for up to 100 years or more in captivity...... not your average pet.....


....and this is me , hanging out the washing ......   an interesting week all round..........




See you soon..
Hugs and Blessings
Barb  xxx   

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's wrist and I hope it heals quickly! Thinking of you!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    I hope your mum is feeling better soon.
    You got some good shots of the cockatoos they look pretty tame.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your mumma's injuries but am praying that she heals well and quickly. I love the photos of the Cockatoos... they are such majestic creatures and so long lived. It is sad that they usually outlast several of their owners.
    big hugs Nell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your mum's wrist heals quickly.
    We get flocks of sulphur crested cocaktoos here, I hear and see them flying over twice a day in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see you all this week :-)
    Poor Mum..sigh!
    Love those cockys and wouldn't mind owning one..except for the loud screeching that pierces the eardrums haha!
    I'll just have to enjoy the wild ones as they fly over the house.
    love and hugs..Trish xox

    ReplyDelete