Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hello and a catch up...

Hello peeps.......

I've not been regular with my blogging for a while now....but I plan to change  that...

Mum has been a bit restricted with cellulitis in her leg ... and had to have weekly visits to Drs..for the last month ..... this wore her out a bit. I spent extra time playing Yahtzee with her and my two sisters came and spent time with her...they both live about 5 hours away...but come from 2 different directions......my brother came a couple of times and sent Hubby and I to the movies while he cooked some tasty cakes for Mum (and us)......Mum loved these visits and the extra phone calls from family....

...as you can see.... Mum was not comfortable .....it was much easier for her to sit with her leg on a cushion on a stool.........
The infection seems to be gone at the moment...but she still has to take care........


I bought some lovely colourful flowers for the window boxes to brighten up Mum's view...

...It rained heavily and the flowers looked a little worse for wear........

...then ...it hailed and the flowers were no more....... a bit sad............no flowers for Easter......
I'm hoping the plants make a comeback

My sister gave Mum  this lovely Cyclamen......so she had at least one lovely plant to look at.....








.....One last photo for today.......

I put a bright orange flowering plant  and some ornaments on my lovely yellow chair........this makes me smile.....



Hugs and Blessings..
Barb  xx








6 comments:

  1. Hi Barb...So sorry your Mum has been under the weather. It's hard being a caretaker, too. I know that from personal experience.

    Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan .......mostly, having Mum with us is no problem at all.....she looks after herself ....very independent and still capable.
      We love her to bits...
      Hugs ... Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Your mum looks comfortable with her feet up I know how difficult it was to get her to do that she his a mind of her own that one, hope she is 100% soon.
    I see what you mean about the flowers they were flattened by the storm but they will come back.
    Merle............
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merle ... Yeah, a bit sad about the flowers...Mum is a lot better, now and looking forward to Bingo..... Barb xx

      Delete
  3. Praise God, Mum is on the mend again!
    Love your cheery yellow chair, Barb.
    It looks great :-)
    Shame about the other flowers, though.
    The cyclamen is really pretty :-)
    love and hugs..Trish xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish ...Mum's pretty good now......and we discovered 1 new yellow flower today ... Hugs Barb xxx

      Delete