Thursday, February 21, 2013

This weeks happenings..

I've been concerned about leaving my Mum alone while hubby and I did the shopping.
Mum finds it too tiring  to come with us now....Bingo on a Monday and a regular visit to the doctors is all she feels up to these days...
We looked around for a device she could use in an emergency........and we found this amazing mobile phone...........


It is a regular mobile phone ..BUT... you can program it to automatically sound an alarm, make a phone call and send an SMS to  pre set mumbers all at the same time... just by pushing the red switch on the back. Mum loves it  and I can relax, now.  Of course I still won't be leaving Mum for extended periods of time.....
My brother comes over one day a fortnight and spends the day with Mum..... he fusses over her and cooks cakes...She loves it..... Hubby and I go to the movies on these days........yesterday we saw two movies....sitting in the theatre eating cake and drinking hot coffee is quite a treat...

Tonight Hubby decided to do a BBQ for tea ...

                                                Here he is slicing the veges.....and meat patties...

                                                ...doing the cooking...and the finished meal....
                                                      smothered in mushrooms..... very,tasty....


                                 ..........here's my baby patiently waiting for 'his share'...........


Have a good day.......will post again soon..

Barb  xx


4 comments:

  1. The numbers on the phone are big, I got big ones on my phone too, we are all going blind slowly.
    I must say those mushrooms look good, I miss mushies the beer fair can no longer eat them so we no longer eat them, sometimes I have them for lunch when he is not around (he doesn't like the smell, I didn't think they smelt).
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..Yes ..we like the size of the numbers...easier for Mum...but it's the red button on the back we all fell in love with.....exactly what we wanted... Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, the phone is perfect!
    I'm so glad Mum has it and is comfortable about using it!
    The numbers are good and big..wouldn't mind one like that myself :-)
    Let's pray it never needs to be used - but praise the Lord it's there for her now!
    love and hugs to all..Trish xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish.... we are pleased, too.
    I think I fixed my profile.....and photo...
    Have a good day...Barb... xxx

    ReplyDelete