Thursday, February 7, 2013

How early is too early.....

Hello Ladies,
I had an embarrassing situation happen yesterday morning...

We were expecting friends at 12.30pm for a 1.pm lunch at our place...
Hubby had gone to buy fresh bread rolls to have with the delicious sausage casserole I was cooking





I had the casserole on cooking by 7.30am and the  housework done early..... Mum and I were still in our p.js, having a cup of coffee before I had my shower and dressed for our visitors....
WHEN....at 10.30am ......the doorbell rang............ our visitors arrived.........YEP .. 2..WHOLE HOURS EARLY........
 
' GO HOME AND COME BACK LATER'  ..........  were the first words out of my mouth........

These dear friends just laughed and explained that they had needed to do some unexpected errands   and they finished earlier than they expected so decided to come early.............

SO.... after coffee, I changed and chatted with them until Hubby came home with the groceries.....
W e ate lunch early...I was so glad I'd chosen a casserole....they are so forgiving, time wise...

The meal was lovely... we sprinkled cheese and shallots on top....with fresh rolls ..yummy...


For dessert, we had choc/caramel muffins,  (my brother made these the day before)..swimming in cream.....double yummy....




 Doesn't this look lovely.........I love desserts dripping with cram..........

Sooo....after a 'early' start  .... we had a lovely afternoon.....

Have a nice day
Barb from Australia...


 
 

16 comments:

  1. I guess it depends on what your too early for??
    I think the Easter eggs are a little early in the shops but then the hot cross buns I saw on new years day were even earlier than the eggs..
    Blessings to you.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nell....my post was missing...but..it's back.....I hope you visit again......
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha!! Thanks Barb and Nell, I don't know what on earth I missed but I really needed a good chuckle tonight!
    love you ladies :-D
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...my post has disappeared... hhh eee llll pppppp B xxx

      Delete
    2. All I saw of Barbs post was the heading..Lol
      How early is too early..
      I felt I had stopped by so wanted to comment and say hello. Thus my comment on EAster at new years.. I agree two hours early for a meal is very early.. did give you plenty of time to chat though didn't it. I could understand someone doing this if they lived a long distance from you but I think I would have had your reaction if they lived just around the corner..
      glad you had a good time anyway.
      love the look of your lunch. just wish I was a little closer to you and I might try inviting myself to lunch....
      Big hugs to you Barb.
      Nell

      Delete
    3. Hi Nell..... I'd love you to drop by anytime you wanted to........distance is a problem at times......
      Glad you and Trish had a good chuckle........I like making people smile...
      Have a lovely day
      God Bless
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. Aha! Okay, I get it now!
    yep..2 hours is definitely TOO EARLY!!
    Lucky for them they are really good friends and got away with it, lol!
    Lunch looks healthy and very yummy, Barb :-)
    hugs..Trish xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found the post, finally,Trish........
      Lunch was nice...Bob and his Mum enjoyed the visit.....Barb xx

      Delete
  4. Isn't it lovely when you can feel so comfortable with friends,they are real friends. We have a couple like that. they are treasures. Your meal looks so lovely, I love food like that simple and nourishing. Oh and that pudding. mmmmmmm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have friends like this......I love my slow cooker..doesn't heat up the house, and makes the house smell yummy.....Thanks for visiting....Barb xx.

      Delete
  5. PS I don't know why my name keeps coming up with hash 39 in the middle of it. It's ever since I joined google plus. Can anyone explain to me why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's instead of the apostrophie........barb xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Barb,
    Glad the meal went well even if they did turn up early, remember last time i was at your place for a meal the other person turned up two hours late and she was once married to Mr two hours early but with a slow cooker it doesn't really matter.
    Love Merle......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Love my slow cooker.......next time it's cold meat and salad.........Barb xx

      Delete
  7. Well, you are truly a good friend! good and gracious hostess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea...We have known this fellow and his Mum for over 40 years....but it still embarrassing...I like to have the table set and be freshly showered an hour before they arrive ....I'll have to do it the night before..hahaha...Barb

      Delete