Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Beautiful Day

Happy Valentines Day to everybody....... xxxx

Hubby and I went to a local cafe and had a lovely breakfast for Valentines Day.

We had 'homemade' Waffles with maple syrup, ice cream and strawberries..and.. large coffees.......Delicious....

Later in the morning I went browsing in the Garden...to see what I could see........and this is what I found..

A large cream flower on my cactus......



   Some small self-seeded Begonias were flowering........


   New fronds on the ferns....
















                                               The Nodding Violets .....were starting to flower, again....
















                   The Plumbago always looks lovely...it's a favourite of mine...


I found this little spider in it's web and tried to photograph it......not too good/not too bad.....


....and....I discovered that my Hubby had planted an onion in with my Violets.....
...reminded me of a song we used to sing when I was young.....
" I'm a lonely little Petunia in an Onion Patch"  ... only this was  "a lonely little Onion in a Violet Patch"


Apart from the Plumbago hedge, my 'garden' is a higgledy piggledy...collection of plants in pots.
I love being able to re-arrange my garden whenever I like..without digging anything up.....Hubby likes this ,too.

See you soon
Have a good day
Barb




10 comments:

  1. How wonderful! And your pictures are just lovely :)

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie.........I love taking garden photos.....
      Barb xx

      Delete
  2. How romantic, a lovely breakfast out with your hubby, he really looks like he is enjoying it too.
    Sadly we didn't do anything special, even though it was a special aniversary for us.. we actually became engaged to be married on Valentines 29years ago.
    Big hugs to all.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nell... We don't do anything special normally......but we needed to go out so I grabbed the opportunity to suprise Hubby with breakfast...Barb xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb - joyous greetings this Valentine's Day - and what a tasty breakfast. But - really - that is the BIGGEST cup of coffee I've ever seen! Love all your garden treasures - though I could do without the spider . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy......My Hubby can't get a cup of coffee big enough .......hahahaha....I tell him to just have two cups.........
      Sorry about the spider.......I love taking photos of them......only the little ones...I'm actually phobic about them, but by taking photos of them in the garden I can be in the garden without stress. A spider in the house is another matter entirely.........Hubby must kill it dead for me....
      Blessings
      Barb

      Delete
  4. That's a pretty cactus flower, they all have such great flowers pity there wasn't more of them.
    Must say that breakfast looks good, Casey is going to enjoy it look at the big smile on his face.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Merle...
      Hubby liked the waffle and ice cream......
      I love these big cactus flowers....
      Barb xx

      Delete
  5. Your post makes me anxious for spring, something good to eat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lisa...nice to meet you ......we're going into Autumn here, my favourite season.... thanks for visiting.... Barb xx

    ReplyDelete