Thursday, January 31, 2013

Some new things...just because..

Hello
I didn't post yesterday because my Hubby was giving my computer an overhaul for me.
My 'd' drive was almost full so we had to transfer and store a lot of files and folders on an external drive.
This went well.....then ...Firefox hiccupped and made a mess of my blog. Couldn't do anything on the blog.

This morning Hubby deleted and re- installed Firefox ...and it now works perfectly.........What a stressy night!!

One of my daughters gave me this lovely Crossword book to carry in my handbag instead of the small magazine style pocket books I usually carry.
I loved the look of it so much , I went and bought myself this elegant Fountain Pen.  I liked the smooth lines and how the nib was half covered..........looks like a biro ...but isn't one.






I always do my crosswords using a pencil with a rubber on the end because I'm not the best of spellers, but I thought the pen looked lovely with the book.



My arthritis has been worrying my hands and I was finding using my little mouse painful, so Hubby gave me his large on to try....but it was worse for me. Today when  he was out he bought me a middle sized mouse that seems perfect...Thanks Honey.....

I like my Blue Middle sized mouse.....maybe I could call it my Mumma Bear mouse...like in the 3 Bears



Hubby made me some cute storage for a couple of handy sized dishes... in the laundry. We already had a rail up to hang the laundry baskets and the hurdy- gurdy peg dryer on......


I like my tiny laundry........it's not hard to clean... and with only 3 of us living here it's OK........psst... on top of the cupboard is my Hubby's stuffed Gorilla collection..


I was excited to find a cup that had a large, long handle ......I found the normal handles were too small and I couldn't fit my little finger in and it was becoming sore. Plus this cup had a lid ... bonus...

The new way to hold my cup.....much easier for me...


And now... to the ...Just Because.... part of this story

I couldn't resist buying this bright and happy little lady for my kitchen.............just because .... she makes me smile........

I only bought her yesterday...I think she will make washing up a little more 'smiley' for me....



Have a good day
God Bless
Barb from Australia
 



12 comments:

  1. Thats a fancy crossword book, I saw the pen on Monday and I like your smiley washing up lady.
    Love Merle.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..Sue gave me the book for christmas.....My little lady is just for show...
      Barb xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb - looks like lots of little happenings down under at your place. And, isn't keeping a record of God's little blessings a joy - when we fit our mouse and Firefox is working, of course! Love your sunshiny lady! Joy to you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Kathy...God is good.....I have a lot to be thankful for.....Joy to you , too.
      God Bless
      Barb xx

      Delete
  3. Your new little kitchen lady is cute! Hope your arthritis is better. What a good husband! What would you do without him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea .. thanks for dropping by..... the new mouse has helped my hands, I'm happy to say.....and I'd be lost without my Hubby......
      Have a good day
      Barb xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb,
    I'm glad you found a mouse that was "just right!" Also, I really like your new pen and crossword book. Thanks for stopping by and your comment on "Rudy's" update! Naughty kitty...he used the computer without my permission! :) Have a wonderful weekend.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy..
      Thanks for visiting.....I enjoy talking to Rudy...I think your computer is in safe paws. I like my new mouse and I'm happy with my pen.... Life is good...Enjoy your 'break' Cindy.........
      Barb xx

      Delete
  5. It is so nice to write with a new pen! The mug looks much more comfortable to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol...
      Thanks for visiting my blog...
      I do love my new Fountain Pen........and the mug is definately better to hold......
      Have a lovely day...Barb xx

      Delete
  6. The fountain pen is very elegant!
    And the new mug looks perfect for you, Barb!
    I like the lid - very practical.
    Your scrubby lady is so bright and cheerful she'll make washing up a breeze,lol!
    love..Trish xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish...
      I love my new pen and My little lady makes me smile ...
      Thanks for visiting..
      Barb xxx

      Delete