Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hello, I missed visiting everybody

Hello all.........
well , I hope there is an 'all' out there in blogland who will be pleased to find I'm  back.

My mum has been sick with a possible mini stroke....but the Drs are happy with her now...she is back to normal with no debilitating effects.... an answer to our prayers.

My Hubby suffers from mild Aspergers (which I've never discussed before). and he threw a 'whammy' of a tantrum while my sister was here for Mum's birthday...making life uncomfortable for the rest of her stay with us.

AND

On a personal note...I had to add extension pieces to my bras because I put on too much weight over December/January...... Too much christmas and birthday cake....I know this is my own doing and I'm setting out to rectify this ....... but depressing none the less.....
I'm looking forward to the day I can remove these extensions.

Add to this the heat wave we've been having in Sydney and I just retreated for a while.

I'm happy to say life is back to normal now.....well as normal as it gets with a 96 yo Mum who is a bit vague at times...........a Hubby who is a little unusual at times...........and myself, who has panic attacks and mild OCD..........
and we are ALL deaf and misunderstand  each other regularly...........
How wonderful that most of the time our senses of humor let us enjoy our 'differences'
I'm glad there is lots of normals..........one for each of us in fact ........

oh .. I forgot my dog, Kyton who the vet thinks has mild epilepsy and a bird who talks to his foot.......

so you see there is usually something funny happening here on a daily basis and Life is usually very good..

I hope everyone had a nice New Year
Will visit soon..

God Bless
Barb from  Australia

9 comments:

  1. it certainly sounds like you are leading an interesting life. I wish you dear mum well and will continue upholding her in my prayers.
    I wish you well with the rest..
    Does the birds foot talk back??
    Never mind answering that.
    love to you all.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nell.... thanks for your prayers, Mum is doing ok now...her appetite is back and she is putting on weight. The bird is called Jewel and he had a friend called Piccolo, but Piccolo died and Jewel often says 'Hello Piccolo' to his foot. Makes me laugh..
      Love to you and your family
      Barb xx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Barb! Ohhhhh, sounds like you've had a lot to contend with lately. Glad Mum is rallying. Barb, with all the caregiving you do, please remember to do things for YOU, too! That's important. Take care. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan....... Thanks for your lovely comment.
      Most of the time Hubby looks after me, and Mum is physically independant, so it's monitoring, organizing and emotional support I mainly give. My family and friends know Hubby well, and they always help me get my sense of humor back ...and my energy.
      God Bless
      Barb xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb,
    It's been fun hasn't it, well we caught up with all the news on Monday but I didn't know Kyton had mild epilepsy or about the bird that talks to his foot does his foot answer back now that would be something, all the best I glad to hear your mum is feeling better and her weight is picking up.
    Love Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merle....no the foot doesn't answer back...Jewel just looks silly holding his foot up to his face ... hahaha
      Barb xx

      Delete
  4. We all have our own unique "normals" to deal with Barb :-)
    I think the hot weather makes some of us act more unique than others too, lol!
    Glad Mum is getting stronger - praise the Lord!
    {{{hugs}}} Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish...I like your description ... 'unique normals'.... :-)
      Barb xxx

      Delete
  5. Well your life is not boring! I gained weight too...starting way before Christmas. I'm just trying to be patient with myself and hopefully over time I will cut back enough to lose weight. I mostly hate seeing wasted clothes in my closet that are too small. I'm glad life is normalizing for you this month! In your other post, I agree with you how bittersweet it is taking down Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete