Friday, November 23, 2012

Whimsy in the Garden

Hello......I'm happy to say I'm now well again. Thank you all for thinking of me.

Two days ago my Husband re-arranged the garden for me. I love my potted garden and my Hubby.  He
 always moves the plants around..no matter how many times I want a new look in the garden.


This time we gave  4 small potted palm trees to our daughter Mary......and that space couldn't be left empty ..well it couldn't.....and so it began...........
This is outside the kitchen window....the plants are sitting on an outdoor storage cupboard Hubby built.
I think it looks neater and more spacious without the palms.......

We then looked at these two areas............

The shelving has Peace Lillies on them and they are starting to get thick ..so it was time to move....
The stand in the other pic has all my Bonsais on it ............

So ....we switched.......





.....and moved the empty plant stand to a different area of the garden.........
The Bonsais look nice spread out like this............


..the Begonia moved to where it had more room to spread and the plant stand move to where the Begonia  had been.........if you look closely at the top right hand corner , you can see the bottom shelf where the Bonsais are.............................we have a   TINY    space...I just love making it sound Grand..........

Now for the Whimsy...........
while Hubby moved all this around , I got busy with some Frogs and other ornaments......
.............Frogs.....sunbathing  on the Orchid House......(actually an arch over some shelving ...and yes it does have orchids growing here)

                                                    .........Frogs................ around the pond..............

                             ...Frogs in the Bonsais......................


.
      .......................This is the Rock & Frog garden I made near our front door........

                                     And, my sweet little solar powered Dancing Frog......


These little groupings  are cute and unexpected........that's what I like....something to make visitors look twice.

I put out 53 frogs and when the young Grand-kids come they'll be asked to count the frogs..like a treasure hunt....but you leave them there ,,just count them.

OK..... back to some housework now I'm well again
Have a good day
Barb from Australia


joining with Trish at....Heart and Home Link-up

8 comments:

  1. Oh, good news you are back to yourself, Barb! And how wonderful you have such lovely living plants in the garden! Hope your day is terrific. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I do enjoy my little garden. have a good day, Barb...xxx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful to have living plants outside this time of year. Of course you are having your Spring and we are in late Autumn now. I have always been fascinated with bonsai trees. It is quite a hobby. Thanks for stopping by, Barb, and enjoy your weekend. Glad you're feeling better.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi ... I like having a bit of fun with my bonsais, I'm not a 'proper' bonsai gardener.
      Have a good day
      Barb

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb,
    My internet is playing up again now so is the TV a bit so it could be reception in this area. I was surprised to see you had so many frogs, I like the solar powdered dancing frog does he dance all day or just at odd times, there is a lot of new growth in my area but also a few deaths, maybe some of the crazy weather we are having.
    see you Monday, maybe a ham this week.
    love Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you are still having troubles, Merle. The little frog dances all the time the sun is on him.
      A ham would be good...I'm starting to get in the Christmas Spirit...... Barb

      Delete
  4. Barb your plants look good in their new "possies"!
    I think the bonsai are better there because you can easily see their wonderful shapes against that wall.
    I love all your frogs being out in the garden!
    Under the kitchen window looks very pretty and softer now - well done!
    We are into our backyard again too.
    This arvo, we're going to paint our metal garden shed the same blue as the garage trim - yay!!
    Hope it's not too hot there today..it's a bit of a scorcher here :-(
    love and hugs to all at home..Trish xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trish,
    Overcast and warm here.
    I like the changes in the garden, Hubby's been very helpful.
    Enjoy your afternoon ...don't get sunburnt.
    Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete