Friday, August 3, 2012

Disaster..???

Hello,
I'm wondering if anybody else has done what I did Yesterday.....????
I saw this pretty table cloth while shopping,and bought it for our dining table....it was $4.99 before a 25% discount......I grabbed it........I liked it.






I put it on the table last night..........and was horrified at how 'in your face' it looked........no way I could live with it. Mum and I tried the Yahtzee dice on it and it was too dazzling to see straight!!!






Sooo .....It was back to our soothing, softly coloured  searsuccer everyday cloth. We breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed.





I'm sure I'll find something crafty to do with the other cloth.....no point in exchanging a $3.70 potential resource.

Have a good day....
Barb from Australia


7 comments:

  1. It looks like the colors match your old tablecloth. Could you cut it down to make coordinating napkins, placemats, or chair cushions? Since you liked the pattern enough to buy it, maybe find a way to use it somehow in the kitchen. I hate throwing things like this away, so I'm sure you'll find a way to salvage it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Oh Barb - you poor thing, I see what you mean.
    I've the same thing myself, and more than once :-(
    How about putting a sheer cloth over it to soften the effect?
    Anyway..it will look good outdoors on a nice summer's day when you have the barbie all fired up :-)
    love and hugs..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always do things like this. It is kindof related to the old "my eyes are bigger then my stomach" for food, but I also do it for buying. Also for clothes, if something looks pretty on a hanger, it usually is not the right item for me. love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Barb, I kinda like it! It's definitely bright and cheery. It would perk you up on a rainy day! Well, I'm sure you'll find a good use for it. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it but it is a bit in your face why not just put plain place mats on it that break the colour down a bit.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb,
    Yes, I've done things like this! You never really know how something is going to look until you get it home. Trish's idea of putting a sheer cloth over it might work. Hope you're having a good weekend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete