Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yellow Chair

Hello,
I'm posting today to share two of my favourite pieces of furniture.
The first is my office chair.......I have this corner in my room, just outside my hubby's office/computer room.
I love my corner, it has all my phone numbers,email addresses,computer info and my birthday/christmas card and present list. Most importantly, this is where my calendar /diary lives!



Actually I have had two office chairs, one was this nicely padded dining room chair that I found abandoned on the footpath. I could'nt leave it to be ruined by the weather, it was too good.


I rescued this nice table from the street, much to my mothers dismay. It fitted perfectly in my back room and gave me 'under storage' for my sewing machine and overlocker, plus sewing and knitting boxes. I liked the pale green colour and the shabby look of this table. I did have these things under another table in the back room.....but the dog lives under there now.

As youcan see.. Kyton the Dog ....lacks for nothing. There is a table above this doggie bedroom, it cost $20 in a second hand shop and is solid wood.



Here is my 'Yellow Chair'!!  ....another street rescue...Both Mum and Hubby didn't think I needed another chair and they were probably right.....BUT ...I could 'see' this bright, happy chair in my corner,so in it came.
Everyone likes my new-look corner office now, including Mum and Hubby.
This area now makes me smile every time I walk into the dining room
Hope you liked the story of my Yellow Chair and how it  changed my work space from drab to happy.

God Bless
Barb from Australia

joining Trish at Simply Sweet!
  and Sarah at Homemakers Link-up weekend

3 comments:

  1. Oh Barb! What a hoot! Rescuing chairs from the side of streets. I thought I was the only one who did that! I've got a couple I've used as props in shows and they are so interesting with such character! Perhaps I will post on that sometime. They're in my basement - and my basement is due for another blog feature.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, you have certainly found some great things on the footpath over the years-including this little beauty!
    I think your rescued yellow chair looks perfect for your
    workspace.
    It's so nice and cheery and just the right size!
    Love your shabby table too :-)
    Thanks for linking up today.
    Lots of love to all at home xox
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit worried the yellow chair had been replaced when I saw the start of this blog glad to see it's still there.
    love Merle.......

    ReplyDelete