Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pendants

Joining Simply Sweet!, and yes Trish, I'm trying to simplify my style of living and it's a bit hard to let go.

This week I've been through my jewellery,hats, bags,shoes and clothes and have put some of everything aside for the grandchildren.
The clothes are new and have been in my wardrobe for ages.
The shoes and bags are some of my favourites, but I haven't used them for ages.
The jewellery I made from frames and lenses of sunglasses...I had a lot of fun making them.
BUT it's time to say 'goodbye' to them

I used the arms from 2 different pairs of sunnies for this
I dipped them in boiling water and bent them with pliers

This is a complete pair of glasses bent and twisted and
held together with large jump rings.
The drops are the lenses cut into pieces and hung.

This pendant is clear lenses with paper cutouts glued
onto the backof the lens and ealed with black paint


Pieces of irredesant lenses cut,drilled and joined with jump rings

These next two pendants are clear lenses worked from the back
                                  




I love these hats .. but haven't worn them for 3 years

These handbags are ones the kids like ..so off they go

Hair bands, scrunchies or clips anyone...

Winter hats, gloves,warm socks and clothes

I'm a bit of a hoarder as you can probably tell.  I am working on this, and I'm having success in passing thing on to family and to charity in most areas of my wardrobe except shoes...I still have 25 pairs in the cupboard.  I am actually pleased with this..I used to have about 60 pairs. I was a compulsive thrift shop shopper but I've broken that addiction and I'm actually getting hooked on de-cluttering.

I hope everyone has a good week
God Bless
Barb from Australia

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Barb!
    You are doing a brilliant de-cluttering job!
    I think you are wonderful to be giving away things that you created with lots of love, commitment and time.
    I know your grandkids(my neices, lol!)will have a ball with what you're passing on to them :-)
    btw..remember that lovely thick, warm hat that you made and I chose?
    I'm about to get it out and wear it around the house today.
    It's freezing here- brrr!!
    Thanks for linking up to Simply Sweet!
    love and {{big hugs}}..Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish,
      I've got some scarves if you want some...
      Maybe we'll have a warm winter
      {{hugs}}..Barb

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb, thankyou so much for dropping by and saying hi.

    De-cluttering can be a big job, I do a clean out twice a year to keep things to a manageable pile. However I like second hand shopping (as I did the other day) and that usually results in things I didn’t really need coming home and I have to find homes for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joluise,
      Thanks for your visit...I find that blogging keeps me tidier....I'm interested in other peoples' spaces and I want my home to be peaceful, plesant and welcoming too.
      God Bless, Barb

      Delete