Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Craft plans 2012

Hello,
I'd like to share my craft plans for this year. It has taken me a while to decide what to do this year because my ideas are usually 'too grand' for my time frame.......which is Christmas!!!
I  embroidered this counted cross picture a couple of years ago

I fell in love with this Dear Old Santa........I really liked the red hood and the holly garland

My ubby chose this Santa counted cross design and I've decided to do it for this Christmas


This is a picture of the kit he bought ... I'm looking forward to doing this.........should be fun



I knitted this Jean Greenhowe designed nativity using my own colour scheme, about four years ago


Then I added a stable.....and here it is hanging in the Sydney Royal Easter Show....no prize, but exciting to see it on display.
This year I plan toadd more animals and little bugs to the stable.....maybe some more sheep and a nice donkey..sorry for the bad photo, it was taken through the glass of the display cabnet.

I've also decided to make some little 'tree hangers' in felt and some knitted ones I can do in the car,like these



I haven't put the Knitted Nativity out for the last two Christmases so this year will be a lovely suprise for the family with the extras added...I might even do some of the new pieces in felt....I like mixed media craft.

I will still be sewing up Mum's baby blankets......so I won't be bored this year!!!
I love it when a plan all comes together and there is enough time to DO IT... exciting...

I find planning this way I achieve more than if I just wander 'round saying "what will I do now?"
I can always change the plan if something unexpected comes along...flexible...love it!
Hope you have some plesant crafty plans for this year.   Have a good week.

God Bless
Barb from Australia

Joinin with Trish at  Simply Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the new additions to your knitted nativity, Barb!
    It'll be fun to see what you come up with this year :-)
    Your cross-stitched Santa is one of my favourites out of the many wonderful things you've made.
    He is exquisite! You really did such a beautiful job..as always.
    lots of love..Trish xox

    ReplyDelete