Tuesday, November 15, 2011

three x one

Hello,
Today I started to decorate the house for Christmas.
This year is a special challenge because two weeks after our Family  Christmas Get-together, one of my grand-daughters is having her 21st birhtday party here, and then early Jan. my Mum is turning 95 and we're having a small party here for her.
What I needed was a colour scheme that only needed the finishing touches changed to be suitable for all three occasions.......and I came up with pale silver and gold bauble printed wrapping paper and plain silver wrapping  paper to cover all my shelving in alternate stripes, and lots of silver and gold tinsel.
With this as an elegant all-purpose base, I plan to display Christmas ornaments and then replace them with lilac bows,baubles and beads for my grand-daughter and then replace them with flowers for Mum.
Soooo today I did the stripes and put brown paper over the contents of the book cases  AND started putting out the Christmas Ornaments..........

Before

Before

Wrapping

After

Ornaments


 I'm confident  this plan will work.
I just need lots of lilac  and pretty flowers and everyone will be happy and that will make me happy.

I hope you all have a good week
God Bless
Bar from Australia

Joining with Trish at  LACE

3 comments:

  1. Wow you are good at thinking ahead for your parties.
    I love your book shelves. I wish I had room to have so many, I never thought about covering them with wrapping paper. I am sure your themes will look lovely.
    Blessings to you
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - looking great, Barb!!
    You are always so inventive!
    I like the paper you are using this year too.
    It should work really well with all 3 events!
    Good thinking, 99! ;-D
    Thanks for linking to LACE.
    Lots of love and big hugs to everyone..Trish xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Barb,
    Wow! What great shelves filled with books! You have chosen a wonderful paper which will be easily used in your decorating. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete