Friday, October 14, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hello Blog Friends,
I have had  a wonderful holiday in France!!!
My friend Merle and I had a fabulous time doing 2 tours in France. It is quite hectic going on coach tours as you're on the go trying to see as much as you can every day. The tour director gives you so much information  (it's like going back to school----without the exams), you really need to take notes. We especially enjoyed spending 6 days on our own..between the tours....living in the Montmartre area of Paris. We did a lot of exploring on foot and found some interesting cafe/bars/eating places.
The weather was hotter than expected and I had packed too many heavier clothes......Soooo..... I discarded some and cut the sleeves off some and shortened the legs on others ......and donated a heavy medium sized  case to the hotel in Montmartre. It was easier going after that. I was so pleased I had taken a hat...This September was the hottest on record for 25 years in france.
My favourite photo from Paris 

Sacre Coeur Basilica

Gateway to house

In the Montmartre Village artist's square

a view of Paris from Sacre Coeur
Me in the hotel courtyard

Paris was full of flowers,mainly geraniums,and looked beautiful with hanging baskets and window boxes in bloom everywhere.

I will post more photos if you all don't get bored with my ramblings
I hope evryone is well and healthy
God Bless
Barb from Australia        linking with Trish at L.A.C.E

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...there you are!
    I just got home from shopping and saw you had posted something!!
    Wow - the pigeons are well trained over there -that pic reminds me of the Beatles' Abbey Road album cover lol!
    It's a cute photo!!
    Sacre Coeur is a beautiful Basilica.
    Mother Marie Adele Garnier had such a blessed influence on it by introducing the Perpetual Adoration that has been happening for over a century!
    You look great sitting in that pretty (and very sunny) courtyard, Barb!
    I promise you - I won't get bored with your photos and 'ramblings' lol!!
    Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing your travel tales :-)
    It's good to have you home again!
    Thanks for linking up today.
    Love and {{big hugs}}..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,

    Your pictures of your vacation to France are so pretty! You must have had a wonderful time, yet busy, exploring with the tour guides. I'd love to see more pictures. I've never been to France and now I can see it through your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Barb! It has been wonderful seeing France though your eyes. Ce tre magnifique! Love the scrolled wrought iron balcony with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete